Description - Trex Transcend is the most popular line Trex offers and is available in several modern, neutral colors. These decking boards are made right here in the U.S. and are constructed with high-quality materials ensuring a deck that will last for years to come. These deck boards are composed of recycled plastic and bamboo and are more durable than standard wood. No more spending hours every year refinishing your deck, Trex composite decking is certain to look great in rain, snow or bright sunshine. These deck boards are backed by a 25-year warranty.
Material – Constructed with 95% recycled bamboo and glue composite.
Size – 5.5” x 12', 5.5" x 16', and 5.5" x 20'
Thickness – 1 inch
Weight – 12' boards are 43 lbs., 16' boards are 58 lbs., and 20' boards are 72 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Trex Transcend grooved edge decking boards are the perfect alternative to standard wood decking. These composite decks boards have been used as flooring outdoor decks, as outdoor patio flooring, and much more.
Trex Transcend - Grooved Edge Decking Boards are easy to maintain. Cleaning of these composite deck boards typically includes:
- Vacuuming or sweeping any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tiles when necessary.
- Hose off or damp mop the floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture for tough or caked on dirt and/or stains.
Recommended Gapping and Overhang
|Abutting Solid Objects
How to install Trex Hideaway Universal Hidden Fasteners
Note: Maximum sapcing of deck boards using Hideaway system is 16” (406mm) on center. Fasteners provide 1/4” (6mm) gap when installed correctly.
- First, measure 3/8” (10mm) off of edge of ledger board, and install start clip onto ledger board, centered on each joist. Secure clips with screws.
- Next, push grooved edge (longer edge side) of porch floorboard into start clips.
- Insert fastener into grooved edge (shorter edge side) of deck board, making sure to align screw hole in fastener with center of each joist.
- It is suggested that in order to keep the fastener straight and secure, cut an 18” piece of porch scrap board and use this as an aid (use smaller lip side) to help hold the hidden fastener down befor screwing this in. This will help make sure the fastener stays fully straight for remaining boards to be attached.
Fully tighten (but Do Not over tighten) the screw into each joist while keeping the scrap board in firm place against the hiddne fastener.
- Slide second board into place, making sure fasteners fit into goorve. Install the next universal fastener on the other side of the second board in the same manner as the previous two steps.
Installing Last Board
Using Fascia Board
Pre-drill pilot holes at an angle through grooved edge of deck board into ledger board. Install 2-1/2” (64mm) screws through pilot holes to secure. Attach a fascia board flush with deck surface.
With Deck Board Overhang
Pre-drill pilot holes at 45° angle from below deck surface through rim joist. Seat last board into fasteners overhanging rim joist. Secure board with 2-1/2” (64mm) screws using pilot holes. Position fascia board below overhanging deck board.
For more detailed deck board installation instructions, please Click Here.