Description - Featuring both hand scraped and smooth textured visuals, Shaw's Chatham vinyl planks are certain to have a style and pattern for any taste. Whether you are looking for a more traditional floor or modern, this flooring plank collection is destined to please. Featuring an easy to install interlocking system that allows each plank to be interlocked on all sides, these luxury vinyl planks are perfect for both residential and light commercial installations. Backed by a 25 year warranty and containing only virgin vinyl material, you can rest assure that your new floor is safe and will last for years to come.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 5.90" wide x 48" long.
Thickness – 4mm
Wear Layer – 12 MIL (0.305 mm)
Weight – Each vinyl tile weighs ~3.09 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Shaw Chatham vinyl floor planks have been designed to be used in both commercial and residential environments and can be found in bedrooms, in living rooms, in family rooms, in home offices, in kitchens, in bathrooms, as office building flooring and much more.
Luxury Vinyl planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of Shaw planks is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Square the product in the room leaving a 2-5 mm expansion space against the wall.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall.
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage In*Step tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges of the In-Step by installing wall moulding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
For moe detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.