Description - Looking for a tile that's as strong as you are? Look no further than our Strong Rubber Tiles! Made from top-quality recycled rubber, these tiles are tough enough for any residential or commercial application. Plus, with corner, border, and center cut options, you can create small kits that are easy to handle or go for a full wall-to-wall installation that will knock your socks off! And the best part? The precision-cut locks on these tiles are so tight that your seams will be nearly invisible – it's like a magic trick for your floor! You can use them indoors or out, and the loose-lay installation means you won't need to break a sweat applying adhesive. Plus, with a 5-year limited warranty, you can trust that these tiles will be with you for the long haul. Get ready to tile like a boss with Strong Rubber Tiles!
Material – Recycled SBR rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks.
Size – 23” x 23” (Interlocked size - 23" x 23")
Thickness – 8 mm thick (approx. 5/16")
Weight – Each rubber tile weighs approximately 6.7 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Strong Rubber Tiles have been used successfully in multiple settings: school weight rooms, dog care facilities, locker rooms, dugouts, over radiant heated floors, in basements, in outdoor storage sheds, and in a variety of other places where an anti-slip flooring with shock-absorbing properties would be beneficial. They have also been used as home gym flooring, ski lodge flooring, boathouse flooring, and golf course clubhouse flooring.
Note: – Orders that are more than 100 tiles have a lead time of 5-20 business days.
Note: – Due to the manufacturing process, slight shade variations may occur. These differences are inherent in predominantly black rubber with recycled content.
In Stock - Ships between Dec 8 - 13
Strong Rubber Tiles are very durable as well as easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance for interlocking gym tiles include:
- Vacuum any loose crumbs, dust or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasionally damp mopping with a mild soap and water solution. Recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of these interlocking tiles is very simple and usually done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your subfloor, so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add border tiles outward along the adjacent walls.
- Leave the other two edges of the room open and fill in the rest of the room, adding center, corner, and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the open floor is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. We recommend leaving a gap along the walls roughly the tiles' thickness being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives aren’t usually needed since the weight of the product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, you can use some double-sided tape or mat tape around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.