Description – Safe-Play rubber playground tiles are designed to keep children safe. Since safety is the number one priority for playground tiles, Safe-Play rubber tiles are available in many different thicknesses to ensure the safety of children from different possible fall heights. Safe-Play tiles are the perfect surface for jungle gyms, swing sets, and other playground equipment. Plus, these tiles are very versatile, they can be used indoors and outdoors as they provide proper drainage outside when installed correctly. Even better, these rubber tiles are available in an array of different surface colors. ADA-approved ramps are also available. Please contact our customer service professionals for more information on ADA-approved ramps and aprons.
Material – Recycled crumb rubber, colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks, and paint are the primary materials. Standard painted solid colors (blue, gray, terra cotta, and green) can fade in the sunlight over time like any rubber product. However, our selection of colors is designed to provide the most attractive and durable outdoor painted tile surface available. The designer series Safe-Play tiles use a ¼” thick top surface of EPDM virgin rubber flecks to ensure the greatest life expectancy available.
||1", 2.5" & 3.5"
||1" tiles: 16 Lbs., 2.5" tiles: 28lbs & 3.5" tiles: 33.35 Lbs.
|Made in the USA
|Fall height certified
|Fall height rating
||1" tiles: 1’5”, 2.5" tiles: 6’ & 3.5" tiles: 8’
|Perforated for drainage
Please note – Tiles are 24” x 24”, Ramps are 8" x 48" for 2.5" thick tile options and 12" x 48" for 3.5" tile options, Inside corners are 8" x 8" and outside corners are 16" x 16" for the 2.5" thickness, and inside and outside corners are 12" x 48" (2-pieces needed per corner) for the 3.5" thickness.
Recommended Uses – Safe play tiles have been used successfully in many different settings. In schools, parks, community playgrounds, skateboard parks, daycare centers, on decks and patios, rooftops, outdoor walkways, and wherever a fall absorbing playground or general rubber surface would be beneficial.
California Prop 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Safe-Play tiles are virtually maintenance free. If you do feel the need to clean the playground surface, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber playground tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the tile surfaces such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the playground rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution is recommended. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
- To disinfect dilute either bleach or alcohol with water and damp mop the tiles to help prevent the transmission of germs.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the outdoor playground rubber surface over time.
Installing these playground tiles is very simple and usually done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
First, if applicable, clean your subfloor so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Start in one corner of the area with a corner tile and add border tiles outward along the adjacent walls.
- Leave the other two edges of the room open and fill in the rest of the room, adding center, corner, and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the open floor is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. We recommend leaving a gap along the walls roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
- Note: For 1" thick Safe Play tiles, dowels are used to connect adjacent tiles. We recommend purchasing 6 dowels per tile for a good estimate.
- For complete installation instructions, please Click Here.
If you would like further explanation or help to determine exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.