Description - Safe-Play rubber playground tiles are designed to keep children safe. Safe-Play tiles are the perfect surface for jungle gyms, swing sets and other playground equipment. Since safety is the number one priority for playground tiles, Safe-Play rubber tiles are available in many different thicknesses to ensure the safety of children from different possible fall heights. Another feature of the playground tiles are that they are very versatile, they can be used indoors and out. When used outdoors, the tiles provide proper drainage when installed correctly.
Material – Recycled crumb rubber, colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks, and paint are the primary materials. Standard painted solid colors (blue, gray, terra cotta, and green) can fade in the sunlight overtime like any rubber product however these colors are designed to provide the most attractive and durable outdoor painted tile surface available. The designer series Safe-Play tiles use a ¼” thick top surface of EPDM virgin rubber flecks to ensure the greatest life expectancy available.
Size – 24” x 24”
Thickness – 2.5” thick (6 foot fall height rating).
Weight – Each tile weighs 28 pounds each.
Recommended Uses – Safe play tiles have been used successfully in many different settings: school, park and community playgrounds, skateboard parks, as decks and patios, on rooftops, in daycare centers, outdoor walkways and paths along with other surface areas where a fall absorbing playground or general rubber surface would be beneficial.
California Prop 65 Warning: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Safe-Play tiles are virtually maintenance free. If you do feel the need to clean the playground surface, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber playground tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the tile surfaces such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the playground rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution and disinfecting of the tiles with a bleach and water or alcohol and water solution can be useful to help prevent the transmission of colds if kids are sick. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the outdoor playground rubber surface over time.
- For 1" thick Safe Play tiles, dowels are used to connect adjacent tiles. We recommend purchasing 6 dowels per tile for a good estimate.
- For complete installation instructions, please Click Here.
If you would like further explanation or help determining exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.