Description - Our Home Dance Subfloor tiles are a lightweight yet durable subflooring option – perfect for use in the home. These easy-to-install tiles can be put up anywhere in the home, providing the perfect cushion underfoot for anyone practicing dance. Portable dance subfloors add cushion for the dancer, without losing the support needed for balance and landings. While this budget-friendly dance flooring subfloor is NOT recommended for use with pointe, it can be used for introductory/beginner ballet, jazz, modern dance styles, and tap if used with Adagio floor. Pairs perfectly with any Marley dance floor rolls, such as Adagio, Adagio Tour, and reversible Dance Floor Rolls.
Material – High-density closed-cell EVA foam.
Size – 2' x 2'.
Thickness – ~10 mm (3/8")
Weight – ~ 1.5 Lbs. each.
Shoe Style – Soft (beginner ballet-not pointe, modern, jazz, tennis soft soles)
Recommended Uses – Home Dance Subfloor Tiles are recommended for use anywhere a cushioned yet durable subfloor is necessary for home practice of beginner ballet (not for pointe), jazz, modern, and tap with Adagio floors.
In Stock - Ships between Sep 30 - Oct 3
When installing your dance subfloor, please follow these simple steps:
- First, you will want to clean your main subfloor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Install the subfloor tiles by interlocking them together to form a rectangle space upon which your Marley dance floor will go.
- Laying the vinyl dance floor roll on top of the foam tile subfloor, you may have excess roll material surrounding the tiles. If so, this perimeter is to be taped down to your main floor using Mat Tape, creating a 'ramp' or 'tapered' installation.
- If you do not have excess roll material surrounding the tiles, you will do something a little bit different. You will need to tape down the perimeter of your dance floor roll directly to the subfloor tiles using Mat Tape. This will create a flat surface, and you will see the edges of your subfloor tiles.
- For installations with multiple rolls, you may also tape together the seams where the rolls touch, ensuring a flat transition where the rolls meet.