Description - If you dream of being the next Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, then our 1/2” Tight-Lock Rubber Tiles are the perfect gym flooring for you. With an interlocking system that's as tight as your abs, these tiles are the ideal foundation for any Olympic-style workout. The seamless finish ensures that no pesky cracks or crevices will distract you from your lifting goals. Plus, with a 5-year warranty, you can rest easy knowing that these tiles will stand up to even the heaviest weights. Whether you're a home gym enthusiast or own a commercial gym, these interlocking rubber tiles will have you lifting like a pro in no time!
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the less expensive recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Size – 36” x 36” (Note: Tiles do overlap 1” where they lock together)
Thickness – 1/2"
Weight – Each tile weighs approximately 20 Lbs.
Recommended Use: Our 1/2" Tight-Lock Rubber Tiles are ideal for Olympic lifts and are widely used as flooring in CrossFit gyms, commercial gyms, garage gyms, home gyms, basements, and trade show flooring. The superior shock absorption and impact resistance make them perfect for high-intensity workouts, while the slip-resistant surface ensures maximum safety during even the most rigorous routines.
Available For Order - Ships between Apr 9 - 16
Tight Lock tiles are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your subfloor so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add borders tiles outward along the adjacent walls. Add center, corner, and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.