Description - Love lifting heavy weights, imagining you are the Rock? Then you need to get our 1/2” Tight-Lock Rubber Tiles. Featuring the same interlocking system as our ever-so-popular 3/8” Tight-Lock Tiles, these rubber tiles are the perfect floor for any style of Olympic lifting. Virtually seamless, when installed, these rubber tiles feature all of the great features of the thinner version and are backed by a 5-year warranty. These interlocking rubber tiles are great for both home and commercial use.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the less expensive recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Size – 36” x 36” (Note: Tiles do overlap 1” where they lock together)
Thickness – 1/2 Inch
Weight – Each tile weighs approximately 20 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Our 1/2" Tight-Lock Rubber Tiles are the perfect flooring option for Olympic lifts and are commonly used as flooring in Cross Fit gyms, as flooring in commercial gyms, as garage gym flooring, in home gyms, as flooring for basements, as trade show flooring, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Dec 18 - 25
Tight Lock tiles are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add borders tiles outward along the adjacent walls. Add center, corner and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.