Description - Our Evolution Rubber Tiles are by far our most versatile rubber tiles, combining the durability of our standard rubber tiles with the warmth and comfort of our anti-fatigue mats. These interlocking tiles will not let water penetrate through to the subfloor, making them perfect for dog kennels and doggie daycares. These gym tiles also feature a multi-nib backing which reduces foot fatigue and impact from high-impact exercises, making them perfect for plyometric, P90X, and Insanity workouts. Since these gym mats are thicker than most of our rubber tiles, they come with the option to add ramp edges to reduce the tripping hazard. They’re backed by a 5-year warranty. These rubber gym tiles also feature a hidden interlock system, making them virtually seamless, and they are accented by faux grout lines for aesthetic appeal.
Note: Since each tile is black, scuff marks, scratches, and footprints will be very apparent. To help alleviate this issue, we recommend cleaning these tiles regularly with a mild soap and water solution or our Rubber Floor Cleaner and Degreaser.
Material – Composed of natural rubber.
Size – 36” x 36”
Thickness – 5/8"
Weight – Each Evolution tile weighs approximately 20 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Evolution Rubber Tiles are the perfect flooring for home gyms, workout rooms, offices, dog kennels, doggie daycares, light-duty commercial gyms, basements, rec rooms, playrooms, and much more. These tiles can also be used as mats under treadmills, stationary bikes, and weight equipment, or anywhere else a durable, shock-absorbing rubber flooring surface would be useful.
In Stock - Ships between Oct 26 - 27
Evolution rubber tiles are extremely durable and easy to maintain. Maintenance of these interlocking gym tiles includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasionally damp mopping with a mild soap and water solution. Recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
- For stubborn stains and marks, scrubbing of the floor may be necessary. Floor scrubbing brushes with plastic bristles provide the best results.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the subfloor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives aren’t usually needed since the weight of the product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, you can use some double-sided tape or mat tape around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.