Description - Our Landscape rubber mulch is made at the highest standards to provide our customers with a superior product at discounted prices. Our mulch will not attract bugs like wood mulch does and will not get blown away in the wind. Since our mulch is made from rubber, it will not fade, rot, compress over time while out in the elements and is heavy enough to stay put in heavy rains. Our rubber mulch is also non-toxic and inhibits the growth of mold and mildew which helps reduce allergy risks. Not only is our landscape mulch perfect for your trees and shrubs, it can also put in playgrounds and child play areas and is ADA approved. With all of these great benefits and it’s ease of maintenance, you just can’t go wrong with our rubber mulch. So if you are looking for mulch that is not only safe for your plants but also for your pets, then our landscape rubber mulch is for you.
Material – 100% recycled rubber material.
|Thickness||Fall height||Recommended Usage
|1 inch||1.5 ' fall height||Revitalization of existing mulch areas, small plant flower beds
|2 inches||3’ fall height||Sandbox type play areas, tree island planters
|3 inches||4.5’ fall height||Small equipment play areas, landscape coloring and erosion protection.
|4 inches||6’ fall height||Surrounding playground slides and climbing equipment, commercial landscape beatification and erosion protection, light duty equestrian show areas.
|5 inches||7.5’ fall height||Surrounding taller or higher traffic play ground equipment, wetter commercial landscaping with larger plants, high traffic equestrian areas.
|6 inches||9’ fall height||Surrounding community play ground equipment, any landscape area where soaking or “flood” irrigation is used, heavy use equestrian or live stock show or competition arenas.
Weight – Can be purchased in 36lb or 1800lb bags.
Recommended Uses – Our Landsacpe rubber mulch is designed for use in areas in and around trees and shrubbery, but can be put in gardens, flower beds, landscape planters, walkways, playgrounds, play areas, around playground equipment and in any other area needing an attractive, low maintenance, highly durable, loose surface.
Landscape Rubber Mulch is virtually maintenance free. But if you do need to clear debris from the mulch such as leaves or grass clippings, you would want to use a blower on a low setting. Since our rubber mulch is heavier than grass clipping and leaves, it will stay in place while the debris is blown away.
Installation of our Lanscape Rubber Mulch is very easy, and below are some easy to follow instructions for both Landscaping and Playgrounds.
- First you will want to install the landsacape rubber mulch at 1" to 1.5" in depth.
- Even though it is not required to install the rubber mulch over a permeable weed fabric, it will increase coverage per bag and decrease the risk of weeds. Also, using a felt type week fabrick will help keep the mulch in place.
- If you are installing the lanscape mulch over existing mulch/soil, then you want to make sure that the ground is compacted and free of any debris or loose material. Our Lanscape Rubber Mulch looks it's best when not mixed with other material.
- When installing our rubber mulch in plant beds, it is recommended that the beds have a border to help contain the mulch which can be a raised border (i.e. concrete or brick border) or a dug border or trench around the bed of about 2".
Playground Installation Instructions:
- First, the area where the rubber mulch will lie should be a location that will not hold water or have a slight grade to allow for proper drainage. In areas where drainage could be an issue; it is recommended to install a drain tile system with a 3" base of pea gravel or rock to allow for proper drainage.
- Heavy duty weed fabric should be installed under the Playground Rubber Mulch to separate the mulch from what lies beneath. Depending on the size of the playground, it is recommended to use large rolls of weed fabric, typically 12' wide, to minimize the number of seams.
- You would want to use landscape stakes to stake down the weed fabric seams and corners. You will need to make sure that the stakes are completely hammered down.
- A border is recommended to enclose the playground to contain the mulch and it is recommended to leave a few inches between the top of the border and the top of the mulch.
- Finally it is recommended to loosely compact the mulch to either 4 or 6 inches to achieve the desired fall height rating.