Description - Inspired by the the seasons, our 6mm Energy Tiles – Designer Series will bring the crispness of Autumn to the magic of Winter all year long. Comprising of cork and rubber, these tiles contain 30% color flec with a mixture of cork which gives the tiles the appearance of a tile with 75% color. Easy to install and maintain, these tiles can be used as flooring in home gyms or as flooring in your family room. The look and warmth that these tiles posses make them one of our most versatile tiles. Tough and durable, a 5-year warranty backs these interlocking rubber tiles.
Material – Recycled SBR rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks with cork.
Size – 36” x 36” (Interlocked size - 34-15/16" x 34-15/16")
Thickness – 6 mm thick (approx. 1/4")
Weight – Each Energy tile weighs approximately 11 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Our 6mm Enegery Rubber Tiles - Designer Series are the perfect flooring option for any room in your home and have been commonly used as flooring in home gyms, as basement flooring, in living rooms, as spare bedroom flooring, as office flooring, as flooring in family rooms, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Dec 17 - 24
Energy tiles are extremely durable and easy to maintain. Maintenance of these interlocking tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rubber tiles with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the subfloor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.