Description - Our 6mm Performance Virgin Rubber Tiles are the perfect flooring option for anyone wanting something other than standard black for their home or commercial gym. Non-porous, these tiles are very easy to clean and maintain and will not harbor any mold, mildew or bacteria. Available in an interlocking tile makes these rubber tiles the perfect floor for any weekend warrior and can be installed in any room in your home in no time. Available in several colors, feel free to mix and match colors to create the customer gym floor of your dreams. Our 6mm Performance Virgin Rubber Tiles are backed by a 5-year warranty.
Material – Our 6mm Performance Virgin Rubber Tiles are constructed from 100% virgin SBR rubber (a synthetic rubber compound that includes no latex or recycled rubber). The color in these tiles is solid throughout. What this means to you is that unlike some cheaper tiles which are painted with a urethane overcoat to have a solid color, these tiles do not have a thin surface layer of color that will eventually wear out. These tiles are also low in odor.
Size – 35.43" x 35.43"
Thickness – ~1/4 Inch (6 mm)
Weight – Each center tile weighs approximately 11.68 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Our 6mm Performance Virgin Rubber Tiles are non-porous and very durable making them the perfect flooring option for any home or commercial gym. With a wide range of colors, these rubber floor tiles are also found as flooring in basements, playrooms, as laundry room flooring, in garage gyms, in personal training studios, as flooring for yoga studios, as P90X flooring and much more.
Virgin rubber flooring is easy to clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber gym mats typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rubber floor tile covering when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the virgin rubber tile surface with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: We recommend that all of our virgin rubber floor tiles are damp mopped immediately following installation to remove any residual waxiness on the tile that may still be present from manufacturing residue.
Optional: Virgin rubber tiles may be sealed with a common flooring sealer to help provide a high gloss finish and to further protect your floor from wear.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.