Description - Practice Dance Tiles are the perfect dance flooring solution for any aspiring dancer. You can easily set up these tiles in your home and you can purchase tile by tile, expanding to create the exact dance floor space that you need. Our Practice Dance Floor Tiles are durable, and can even be used as event flooring with heavy traffic. Whether you are setting up a small practice dance area in your basement, or putting together a portable temporary dance floor for events, you are sure to love these durable tiles.
Recommended Dance Floor Sizes
- Rule of thumb: 9 sqft per couple.
- 3' x 3' - Personal practice dance floor.
- 5' x 5' - Personal practice dance and aerobic floor.
- 8' x 8' - Dance floor and event floor for up to 8 couples.
Material - Manufactured with high-grade polypropylene and a vinyl top surface.
Size - 12" x 12"
Thickness - 3/8"
Weight - 2 lbs/tile
Recommended Uses - These Practice Dance Tiles are perfect for use in the home and you can use them to practice multiple dance styles, like tap, beginner ballet, flamenco, and more. These modular tiles are easy to setup and take down, making them easily portable and perfect for use as temporary flooring at events such as weddings, parties, and other events where a temporary dance flooring is needed.
In Stock - Ships between Jan 31 - Feb 1
Practice Dance interlocking tiles are easy to maintain. Cleaning these multi-use tiles typically includes:
- Vacuum or sweep any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the Practice Dance Tiles when necessary.
- Hose off or damp mop the floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture for tough or caked on dirt and/or stains.
Practice Dance Tiles are easy to install. Installation of these floor tiles typically includes:
- Surface Prep: Clean your subfloor so that it is free of all dirt, dust, grease, or other foreign material before beginning installation.
- Start at the top left corner of your designated dance area. Put a tile down with the male edges (no loop) facing towards the top and left direction. Make sure the female sides (loops) of the tile are facing the bottom and right direction.
- Attach your second tile to the right side of the first tile, lowering and interlocking it into each loop.
- Repeat step #2 until you have completed one full side of your dance floor.
- Once you’ve secured your last tile into place in the first row, you’ll begin a second row beneath the very first tile you started with. Interlock the top of your second row tile with the bottom of your first row tile. Follow step #2.
- Follow the same process to fill in all of your rows of tiles to create your full dance floor size.
- Once the tiles are in place, you can snap in the edge pieces, if you purchased them. Start with the male edges. Lay them out to be sure you have enough before clicking them into place as shown in the step #6 diagram.
- As you did with the male edges, lay out all the female edges to make sure you have enough. Once you are ready you can click the female edges into place to complete your floor.
- **For wall to wall installations: When you come up to a wall or object, measure the area and cut the tiles with a tile cutter or a power saw with a fine-toothed blade. Interlock the trimmed tiles into place. When trimming the tiles into place, make sure you leave a 3/4” space between the tiles and the wall or obstruction. Once the tiles are in place, you can then snap on the edge pieces if you purchased them.
Note: Since these dance tiles feature a vinyl top adhered to the tile with a pressure sensitive adhesive, pressure may be needed to ensure that the vinyl top fully adheres. You can easily accomplish this by walking across the floor or by using a flooring roller for larger areas.
Did the top of your tile shift? Not to worry - for instructions on how to adjust it, please Click Here.
For printable installation instructions with visuals, please Click Here.