Description - Cosmos Rx features subtle highlights, which add depth and movement that changes with the light in the room. Available in 6-ft-wide rolls, this product features 5mm of Ecore’s vulcanized composition rubber backing fusion-bonded to a contemporary, modern, heterogeneous vinyl sheet. This combination, made possible by patented itsTRU Technology, creates a surface that reduces the risk of injury associated with falls and offers sound control and comfort underfoot.
Material – 2mm Virgin vinyl over top 5mm recycled rubber underlayment.
Size – 6' x 15' and 6' x 30'.
Thickness – 7mm
Weight – 1.39 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – Cosmos Rx rolls are the perfect flooring option for any multi-use studio, for pilates classes, for yoga studios, as flooring in sensory rooms, and in-home care flooring, as ergonomic flooring, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Dec 29 - Jan 5
Vinyl rolls are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dusting of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the flooring surface.
- Place doormats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber-backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp mop. Never a wet mop.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent damage to the flooring surface.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation