Description - Where's the beef? The Source won't be writing about any beefs here with US Rubber's Biggie Smallz in your home or commercial gym. So, what is so special about these rubber rolls you ask? Well, these rubber rolls are the first to combine the standard small color chips with US Rubber's Big Chip. This unique look can't be found anywhere else and will make your new gym floor truly one-of-a-kind. Available in several popular color combinations and thicknesses, means no matter your needs, there will be a color combo and thickness perfect for you. Easy to clean and maintain, these gym floor rolls are very easy to clean and sanitize and are mold and mildew resistant. A 25-year warranty backs US Rubber's Biggie Smallz rubber rolls.
- 1/4" - Made for basic home gyms and exercise rooms.
- 8mm - Very durable for home and commercial gyms.
- 3/8" - Most common thickness used in commercial gyms.
- 1/2" - Ultra durable rubber designed for extreme use.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and a mixture of small (1-3mm) and large (6-9mm) colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Recycled rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the cheap recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – The rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – Available in 1/4", 8mm, 3/8", and 1/2".
Weight – 1/4" rolls weigh approximately 1.5 Lbs. per square foot., 8mm rolls weigh approximately 1.9 Lbs. per square foot, 3/8" rolls weigh approximately 2.3 Lbs. per square foot, and 1/2" rolls weigh approximately 2.5 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – Biggie Smallz™ Rubber Rolls are great as flooring home gym and high traffic walkways. These rubber rolls have also been used as flooring in commercial gyms, as garage gym flooring, as basement flooring, as flooring for multi-use areas, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Jan 26 - Feb 2
Big Chip™ rolled rubber is easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation