Description - Our virgin rubber, full color, interlocking tiles are one of our top interlocking flooring solutions for customers who would like a solid, bright colored, rubber flooring system that is more durable than interlocking foam tiles. These interlocking tiles are sold in no cut kits which include beveled border and corner pieces, as well as Wall-to-Wall kits, which have center cut tiles only. For Wall-to-wall installations, some cutting will be needed to achieve a perfect fit. This can be done easily with a utility knife and a straight edge. This interlocking rubber mat system also carries a class 1 and 2 fire protection rating and help to provide a safe non slip surface. Because these rubber floor tiles are made from virgin rubber with a wide color range, prices may vary between colors due to varying costs to produce each color. Each tile and color can be alternated to create a variety of patterns for those customers who would like to make their own custom designs. These virgin rubber tiles also come with a full 10 year warranty against wear and tear.
Material – These tiles are made from vulcanized, virgin rubber. The Vulcanization manufacturing process produces the most durable, wear resistant floor tiles in the world. That means you have chosen the highest quality interlocking rubber tiles available on the market.
Size – Center cut tiles are 2’ x 2’, border tiles are 1’ x 2’, and corner tiles are 2’ x 2’ overall.
Thickness – 7/16 Inch (11mm)
Weight – Each center tile weighs approximately 12 lbs., each corner tile weights approximately 8.5 Lbs., and each border tile weighs approximately 6 lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Our premium virgin rubber tiles have been used as home gym tiles, in commercial gyms, as interlocking exercise mats in schools, in kids play rooms, as basement flooring, and in a variety of other places where a durable, sound proofing, brightly colored, and non slip interlocking floor tile solution would be beneficial.
Virgin rubber floor tiles are easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rubber floor surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rubber tile surface with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.