Description - Textured virgin rubber tiles offer a durable commercial grade reversible gym floor tile constructed of odorless virgin rubber. The wide traditional jig saw interlocks and reversible quality of these tiles allows for customers to quickly repair tiles in place with no down time if a tile ever gets damaged. These tiles are latex free, resistant to bacterial growth, and easy to install and clean. In addition, the textured surface pattern of the tiles also helps to provide an upscale look that is slip resistant. Textured rubber tiles also offer a great solution for a sound dampening flooring and are backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
Textured rubber tiles are constructed from 100% virgin SBR rubber (a synthetic rubber compound that includes no latex or recycled rubber). The color in these tiles is solid throughout. What this means is that unlike some cheap recycled rubber tile options available out there which are painted with a urethane veneer overcoat to have a solid color, Textured tiles do not have a thin surface layer of color that will wear out.
Size – Tiles are 2’ x 2’
Thickness – 3/8 Inch (9.5 mm)
Weight – Each center tile weighs approximately 12 lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Textured virgin rubber tiles have been used in commercial gym and fitness facilities, in high school weight rooms, in personal exercise studios and basement home gyms, and in a multitude of other locations. These floor tiles can be used in just about any location where a floor covering is needed that is slip resistant, shock absorbent, bright in color, and extremely durable.
In Stock - Ships between Aug 26 - Sep 30
Textured virgin rubber floor tiles are easy to clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber floor mats typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rubber floor covering when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the floor tile surface with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: We recommend that all of our virgin rubber tiles are damp mopped immediately following installation to remove any residual waxiness on the tile that may still be present from manufacturing residue.
Optional: Virgin rubber floor tiles may be sealed with a common flooring sealer to help provide a high gloss finish and to further protect your interlocking tile floor surface from wear.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.