Description - Looking for a rubber floor tile that's easy on the nose and easy on the eyes? Look no further than our Terra Lock Tiles! Made from virgin rubber, these tiles have a lower rubber odor and come in a range of stylish, upscale colors. Perfect for use in homes or as an accent in commercial fitness studios, these tiles are not only easy to clean, but they also resist bacterial growth, so you can work out with peace of mind. And with their durable, anti-slip surface, you'll be able to lift, stretch, and sweat to your heart's content. Just don't go too heavy on the free weights, okay? We've got a 5-year warranty to back up our Terra Lock Tiles, so you know they're built to last.
Terra Lock Tiles are constructed from 100% virgin SBR rubber (a synthetic rubber compound that includes no latex or recycled rubber). The color in these tiles is solid throughout. What this means to you is that unlike some cheaper tiles which are painted with a urethane overcoat to have a solid color, these tiles do not have a thin surface layer of color that will eventually wear out. These tiles are also low in odor.
Size – Tiles are 2’ x 2’
Thickness – 1/4 Inch (6.5 mm)
Weight – Each center tile weighs approximately 8 lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Terra Lock virgin rubber tiles have been used in personal home gyms, as physical training studio flooring, in commercial gyms under cardio exercise equipment, as school gym flooring, in basements and laundry rooms, and in a variety of other locations. If you are looking for a durable high quality full color rubber floor tile that offers a non-slip surface, these tiles could be the solutions for you.
In Stock - Ships between Dec 14 - Jan 18
Virgin rubber flooring is easy to clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber gym mats typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rubber floor tile covering when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the virgin rubber tile surface with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: We recommend that all of our virgin rubber floor tiles are damp mopped immediately following installation to remove any residual waxiness on the tile that may still be present from manufacturing residue.
Optional: Virgin rubber tiles may be sealed with a common flooring sealer to help provide a high gloss finish and to further protect your floor from wear.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.