Description - Get one of our most popular mats now in an interlocking form with our 1/2” Interlocking Premium Mega Mats. These mats are the perfect flooring option for any CrossFit or Olympic Lifting gym. Giving you the same 4' x 6' sizing you have come to love in and interlocking format, makes flooring your new gym a breeze. These rubber mats are vulcanized, making them the strongest mats on the market and are better than any mat you can get from Tractor Supply or local feed store. Easy to clean and maintain, our 1/2” Interlocking Premium Mega Mats are backed by a 5-year warranty.
Material – Interlocking rink mats are constructed of recycled black rubber buffings and virgin colored rubber flecks at a 25% and 75% color density. These recycled rubber tiles are also vulcanized which means they are formed using heat and pressure to form a solid non porous and non absorbent mat surface.
Size – 4’ x 6’ (interlocked size - 45.125" x 69").
Thickness – 1/2
Weight – Each 1/2" mat weighs approximately 78 Lbs
Recommended Uses – Our 1/2" Interlocking Premium Mega Mats are the perfect flooring option for anywhere heavy Olympic Lifting is done and are commonly found as flooring in CrossFit gyms, commercial gyms, in garage gyms, as flooring in areas where heavy dumbbells are used, as ice rink flooring, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Aug 4 - 11
Interlocking Rink Mats are very easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking gym tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tile flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the floor tile with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking mats is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these mats is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add borders tiles outward along the adjacent walls. Add center, corner and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. It is recommended to leave a gap along the wall roughly the thickness of the tiles being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.