Description - The rubber floor finish and sealer that we offer is a high quality, ready to use, low odor, zinc-free rubber floor sealer and finish. This sealer does not have to be diluted with water and is designed to add a protective wax layer and wet gloss look to virgin rubber flooring and recycled rubber floor coverings with a high percentage of colorful virgin rubber flecks. The finish can seal approximately 2000 square feet per gallon.
Contents - Zinc free styrene acrylic copolymer, non-ionic wax emulsion, diethylene glycol monoethyl-ether, styrene acrylic resin solution, water.
Color – liquid appears milky white
– Detailed instructions are included on the bottle. Basic instructions are to first clean your floor using RubberFlooring, Inc. Rubber Floor Cleaner and Degreaser
or a comparable cleaner. Once the floor is clean, apply a thin coat of rubber floor finish and allow to dry.
Size – 1 gallon containers
Weight – Approximately 9 Lbs. per gallon.
Recommended Uses – As a general rubber flooring finish and sealer for virgin rubber floors and recycled rubber floors with a high percentage of virgin rubber colored flecks added such as those products found in our designer rubber flooring lines. This product is usually not required nor recommended for recycled rubber floors that are predominantly black in color.
In Stock - Ships between Sep 21 - 25
- Rubber floor finish and sealer for use with rubber flooring is easy to use. To ensure proper sealing, it is often recommended to clean your rubber flooring before sealing.
- Detailed instructions are included on the bottle. Basic instructions are to first clean your floor using RubberFlooring, Inc. Rubber Floor Cleaner and Degreaser or a comparable cleaner. Once the floor is clean, apply a thin coat of rubber floor finish and allow to dry.
Note: When using wax sealers, over time they will break down and wear out. When this happens, the sealer will need to be stripped with cleaner and resealed to restore the high gloss shine.
Our Rubber Floor Finish and Sealer exhibits a deep wet look gloss and can be incorporated into any floor maintenance system. Below are instructions on how to apply this zinc-free, low odor sealer.
Initial Application of Floor Finish
General Maintenance No Floor Finish
- Thoroughly clean all residue from the rubber rolls or tiles using our Rubber Floor Cleaner and Degreaser.
- Rinse Thoroughly and allow to dry.
- Fully saturate a clean, good quality sponge mop with non-diluted Rubber Floor Finish and Sealer.
- Apply a thin coat of finish and allow it to fully dry (avoid aggressive fan forced drying that may cause the finish not to dry completely).
- Repeat to a maximum of four coats, or until the desired level of sheen is achieved.
- It is critical that the floor finish is applied in thin coats and is allowed to dry between coats or hazing fully may occur. It is not recommended that finish is machined buffed or finish marking may occur.
- After the surface has been dry for 24 hours, general maintenance such as damp mopping may be done as required.
- Vacuum room thoroughly
- Scrape up hard substances (gum, etc.) using a plastic or wooden scraper. Avoid metal scrapers as they can scratch surfaces. A dampened nylon scrubber pad will enable you to rub off heel marks.
- Damp mop floor as required with Rubber Flooring, Inc. Rubber Cleaner and Degreaser to remove soil from tiles.
- To recoat, fully saturate clean sponge mop with our Rubber Floor Finish and Sealer and apply (1) thin coat to clean dry rubber flooring.