Description - Our Lifestyles Vinyl Plank Collection boasts radiantly rich colors that only a sunset would seem to exude. Detailed colors and wood patterned vinyl planks are a beautiful addition to any home, and our wide color selection is sure to match any décor. Enduring patterns and medium embossing create texture across the floor that truly resembles real hardwood flooring. These waterproof vinyl planks are easy to install and even easier to clean and maintain. Whether you are looking to complete your space with dark and rich, cloudy and rustic, or warm and inviting, the Lifestyles Collection has what you are looking for.
Material – Constructed using premium virgin vinyl and built for outstanding wear and structural integrity. Our vinyl flooring is manufactured with multiple layers of construction, giving the floor added durability and versatility. This collection is also hypoallergenic and features a built in antimicrobial treatment to inhibit the growth of mold and mildew. Each durable top wear layer provides UV protection against fading and superb scratch resistance to ensure a long lasting floor.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6" wide x 48" long.
Thickness – 2mm
Wear Layer – 6MIL (0.152 mm)
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~ 1.47 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Lifestyles Vinyl Planks are excellent for residential and light commercial applications. Vinyl flooring is waterproof and can be installed on any level of the home and in any room, unlike traditional hardwood floors. These planks have been installed successfully in kitchens, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, dens, model homes, condos, rental spaces, and many other areas.
Luxury Vinyl Planks are very easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly dust mopping or sweeping may be needed to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Make sure to periodically clean exterior and interior floor mats to ensure that tracking of mud, dirt and debris does not persist.
- When mopping floors, make sure to block off areas to be cleaned; they may be slippery until dry.
- Mop the floor clean with a clean mop. Pick up soil and excess solution with a clean mop tightly wrung out. Then you will want to rinse the floor with cold water.
- Let floor dry completely before allowing foot traffic back on the floor.
Installation of luxury vinyl flooring is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. There are two installation methods, depending on the type of environment. For low traffic spaces or non-permanent installations, we recommend the Double Sided Tape Installation method. For high traffic or permanent installations, we recommend the Glue Installation method. Installation of vinyl tiles and planks is as follows:
Double Sided Tape Installation
- For non-permanent or low traffic area installations, the double sided carpet tape method may be preferred.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth, clean and dust free.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- If installing a square shape tile, start installation in the center of the room. If installing a plank shape, start in the left corner.
- Lay double sided tape around the perimeter of the entire room including cabinets and doorways (roughly 1/4 to ½ inch from the wall). Do not remove paper backing from the perimeter tape.
- For additional security, you may choose to lay additional double sided carpet tape in perpendicular lines with the perimeter of the flooring. Depending on the size of your vinyl tile or plank, you may choose to line up tape underneath seams of your tile or plank, or in repeated increments of your choosing.
- Starting in the corner on the starting wall, remove the paper backing from the perimeter tape of that wall and install the first row of tiles or planks on top of the tape. Be certain this first line is straight and pieces are laid tightly, one against the next.
- Be sure to install tiles or planks running in same direction (arrows are on back of plank).
- For plank installation, start the second row using the piece cut from the last plank of the previous row. This should ensure plank joints have a stagger. Continue installing in this same manner.