Description - Achieving a beautiful wood look that requires little to no maintenance has never been easier than with The New Standard 2 vinyl flooring. These planks are completely waterproof, highly durable, and resistant to dents, making them ideal for any room of the home. A no-mess, glue-less installation, these luxury vinyl planks can be installed with minimal floor prep over existing hard surfaces and will help to hide subfloor imperfections. With a 25 year residential warranty, you are sure to love your new flooring for many years to come.
Material – New Standard 2 features a rigid core construction for the ultimate in durability and versatility. New Standard 2 also features a 1mm attached foam underlayment.
||Float, Direct Glue
||On, Above, Below
||Tounge & Groove Interlock
|Radiant Heating Approved
||15 Year Limited
Recommended Uses – The New Standard 2 planks have been successfully installed bathrooms, basements, bedrooms, offices, kitchens, dining rooms, hallways, family rooms, dens, studios, cafes, and more.
Available For Order - Ships between Sep 23 - 27
Engineered vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the flooring surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of planks and tiles is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall.
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right.
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique, or with the use of a crosscut power saw.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage In*Step tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges by installing wall moulding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
For more detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.