Description - ECOmax is a square, beveled tile featuring a patented footed system. The 1-inch molded tile is designed specifically for use in weight rooms, while the 2-1/2 inch version is designed for play areas or rooftop patios. ECOmax provides enhanced acoustical performance by dampening the transmission of noise. It also offers superior drainage, continuous under-foot comfort and tested slip resistance to prevent falls and injuries.
Material – 2.5mm rubber surface layer fusion-bonded to a 22.9mm composition rubber backing with a factory-applied urethane coating (ECOguard).
Size – 2' x 2'.
Thickness – Available in 1" and 2-1/2" thicknesses.
Weight – The ECOmax 1" tile weighs ~16 Lbs, and the 2.5" tile weighs ~26.25 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – Ecore at Home's ECOmax tiles are one of their most versatile tiles and has been used in several areas including playgrounds, as weight room flooring, as flooring for rooftops, as second-floor gym flooring, as flooring in basements, as garage gym flooring, as Olympic lifting flooring, and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Sep 27 - Oct 4
ECOmax rubber tiles are very easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a pH-neutral cleaner, such as Ecore E-cleaner.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
ECOmax rubber tiles are best installed over concrete or plywood with the QuadBlok system.
Please note: Dimensional tolerance is +/- 1/8” for thickness and width. It may be
necessary to handpick some tiles to ensure consistency in course line and color/tone uniformity.
ECOmax rubber tiles can be installed using a variety of installation methods. The most common method is the use of the fastening system call Quad Blok™. The tiles are adhered to the Quad Blok connector only. This install method is the preferred method for rooftop applications as well. You can also fully adhere to our tiles and accessories to the substrates using a polyurethane adhesive.
No Cut Kits:
- First, clean your subfloor so that it is free of all dirt, dust and debris.
- Next start in one corner of the room with two of your border beveled ramp pieces and a center tile.
- Add border ramps and center tiles outward along the adjacent walls.
- Add center tiles to fill the space out until you have covered the area to your desired size.
- Lastly add border pieces to the remaining two sides of the area.
Note: Border pieces can be loose laid or adhered to the edge of the tiles.
Wall to Wall Installation:
- First you will need to clean your subfloor so that it is free of all dust, dirt and debris.
- Next snap a chalk line on the subfloor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the tiles along the chalk lines, locking them together as you go.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the wall in the room, leaving a gap roughly 1/2” wide. This will account for any expansion or contraction that may occur in extreme temperature variations.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.