Description - Our 8mm Designer Impact rolls offer the best of both worlds. With an Impact base and a standard rubber top, these rubber rolls are the perfect flooring option for any multi-use home or commercial gym. Easy to install and maintain, these rolls are very slip resistant and will provide added sound absorption where installed. Great for upstairs gyms, playrooms, bedrooms and much more, these colorful rubber rolls are backed by a 5-year warranty and are certain to provide added comfort and warmth to any room.
Material – Recycled rubber and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – The rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 25’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 25’, 26’, 27’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 8mm (~5/16")
Weight – 1.6 Lbs. per square foot.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – 8mm Impact Rolls – Designer Series provide a durable yet shock absorbent floor that has been tailored for high impact exercises. You can find these rubber rolls as flooring in commercial gyms, as basement flooring, as flooring in upstairs playrooms, as trade show flooring, in home gyms, as flooring for P90X, for Cross Fit training, in bedrooms, patios, decks and much more.
Designer Series Impact rolls are very easy to clean. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation