Description - Love the durability of our Coin Flex Nitro Tiles but need a smooth top to easily roll chairs and tool chests around on? Then look no further than our Smooth Flex Nitro Tiles. These interlocking garage tiles feature all the great features that you have come to love with our Coin Flex Nitro Tiles but have a textured, smooth surface that is great for items with wheels or casters. With a hidden interlocking system, these tiles will prevent liquids from penetrating to the subfloor below and will give you a more finished tiled floor look. A 15-year warranty backs our Smooth Flex Nitro Tiles.
Note: Smooth Flex Nitro tile colors are produced in batches, which can lead to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black, Dark Grey, and Light Grey can produce the most. These three colors can vary greatly between batches and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This, in, turn, gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order with Black, Dark Grey and Light Grey showing the most variation.
Material – Smooth Flex Nitro Tiles are constructed entirely of a proprietary blend of flexible PVC that guarantees the most durable garage tile on the market. This custom PVC blend also ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti-fatigue flooring qualities often associated with rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with PVC tiles.
Size – 20.5" x 20.5"
Thickness – 5mm
Weight – 4.1 Lbs. per tile.
Recommended Uses – Our Smooth Flex Nitro Tiles were made for use in garages but have been used as flooring in kitchens, dens, as spare room flooring, in basements, as laundry room flooring, as patio flooring, and much more.
In Stock - Ships between Dec 7 - 9
Smooth pattern interlocking floor tiles are easy to clean. Cleaning of these multi use tiles typically includes:
- Sweeping or vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the garage tiles with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
- Due to each tile being coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles, and in most instances, this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances, this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.