Description - The diamond plate design is one of the best floor tile patterns available and our most popular pattern for use as a garage flooring. It not only has tough appearance for use in heavy duty commercial / industrial / work shop settings, it also provides for a non slip surface in case the flooring is spilled on and/or gets wet by water, oil, or other liquids. Cutting of these tiles to custom fit them to your room can be easily done with a fresh utility knife and straight edge like a yard stick or ruler.
Note: Flex tile colors are produced in batches, which can lead to color variations in your order. All colors may present some color variation, but Black, Dark Grey and Light Grey can produce the most. These three colors can vary greatly between batches and thus it is recommended that you order more flooring than is needed for mistakes and replacements. This in turn gives you the greatest chance to keep continuity across your floor. Batching will also affect color variation between samples and your order with Black, Dark Grey and Light Grey showing the most variation.
Material – Constructed entirely of a proprietary and durable blend of flexible PVC. This blend ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti fatigue qualities similar to rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with polyvinyl chloride.
Size – 20.5" x 20.5" (8 Tiles per case)
Thickness – 0.157" (4mm)
Weight – 3.75 Lbs. per tile
Recommended Uses – Diamond plate tiles are truly a multiuse tile option. These tiles are most often used as garage floor tiles but have been used successfully in gyms, workout rooms, tool sheds, as trade show flooring, auto dealership show rooms, retail stores, and auto show display floors.
Diamond plate interlocking tiles are quick and easy to maintain. Cleaning of these multiuse tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming or sweeping any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the tiles when necessary.
- Periodic damp mopping of the floor tiles with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
- Due to each tile being coated with a protectant silicone sealant, the tiles may become scuffed or scratched during the installation process or while moving large objects. To help reduce the appearance of scratches or scuff marks we recommend using Armstrong’s Shine Keeper.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Street tar can cause staining to light colored tiles and in most instances this staining can be remedied with a cleaner called Purple Power. If you have performance tires, staining can occur with light colored tiles. In most instances this may not be remedied with a cleaner. If the staining on your floor does not dissipate, please contact our dedicated Customer Service team at 800-613-0996 who can further assist you.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 20” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 20” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.