Description - Our 1/2" Button Top Stall Mats were designed to provide excellent traction for both horses and people working with the horse in wash stall areas. These rubber mats have an interlocking design to prevent the rubber horse mats from moving apart and, due to their heavyweight, will stay in place without any adhesives. These wash stall mats are also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal and also come with a 12-year warranty to ensure the long life of the product.
Note : These rubber mats are not designed to be used as gym mats and are not generally recommended for that purpose.
Material – Button top interlocking mats are constructed of recycled crumb rubber that is revulcanized. Revulcanized rubber means that the rubber mats are essentially heated back together to form one solid non-porous mat rather than glued back together like rebonded rubber mats. This is the process that forms the strongest and most durable recycled rubber stall mats available.
Sizes - 4' x 6'
Thickness – 1/2"
Weight – The 1/2” button top mats weight 2.3 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – The 1/2” thick button interlocking mats work well in horse wash stalls, as horse stall flooring, as rubber trailer mats and general trailer flooring, as sidewall liners to protect stall and trailer walls. These interlocking rubber mats have also been used as dog kennel floor mats and doggy daycare flooring. These mats are not generally recommended for use as a gym floor matting system.
Available For Order - Ships between Oct 13 - 20
Button mats are easy to clean and maintain. Maintenance of these horse mats typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, dirt or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the stall floor mats with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as lysol, Pinesol, WD40, Murphy’s Oil Soap, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the horse flooring over time.
Installation of stall mats is very simple and easy and commonly done by the consumer. Installation for your rubber floor is as follows:
- Our mats can be placed over concrete, asphalt, wood or any level well-compacted surface. You can also install them over decomposed granite and limestone fines. For limestone fines, make sure the fines do not exceed 1/8” in size.
- Once your subsurface is prepared, use the stall diagram provided.
- Each mat is marked on the bottom with numbers from the diagram.
Start in one corner of the stall and fit the pieces together like a puzzle.
- Once the tiles are interlocked, you can walk over them to fit more tiles in place.
- Since rubber expands and contracts in extreme temperatures, we recommend a 1/4” to 1/2” gap between the edge of the mat and the wall.
- Once you have completed your mat, feel free to add a small amount of bedding and your horse can enter its new home.