Description - Velocity rigid core vinyl planks are 100% waterproof, and can be installed in any room of the home. With a durable 22mil wear layer, these planks can stand up to all that a busy household can throw at it. These beautiful and realistic wood look planks are sure to have your guests guessing if they are real wood or faux. Backed by a lifetime residential warranty, you are sure to love this flooring for many many years to come.
Material – Velocity rigid thermoplastic extruded core waterproof vinyl plank flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, contains no hazardous metals or chemicals, and has a 1mm EVA foam underlayment attached.
Size – Velocity Vinyl Planks are 9" x 60".
Thickness – 5mm
Wear Layer – 22 MIL (0.55 mm).
Radiant Heat Approved – Yes
Weight – Each case weighs ~51lbs
Recommended Uses – Velocity rigid core vinyl planks have been successfully installed in a variety of high traffic applications as well as areas where a waterproof flooring would be desirable, including master bathrooms, mudrooms, entryways, office buildings, and more.
In Stock - Ships between Mar 3 - 5
Luxury Vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Always use plywood or other boards when moving heavy objects across the floor to avoid scratching of the floor surface.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place walk off door mats at all entrances and doorways to collect debris from shoes such as dirt, rocks, and moisture, from being tracked in and onto your new floors.
- Avoid using rubber backed area rugs or floor mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- Use non-staining floor protectors underneath heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dust mopping to remove dirt, grit, dust etc. Do not use treated dust mops.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of interlocking vinyl planks is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall.
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right.
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique, or with the use of a crosscut power saw.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges by installing wall moulding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
For more detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.