Description - Shaw's Ruby carpet padding is a top of the line recycled / rebonded carpet padding that won't break the bank. A popular choice for comfort and value, Ruby is a wonderful choice to enhance the life of your carpet. This soft and affordable carpet underlayment is breathable and CRI Green Label certified.
Material - Rebonded recycled foam.
Width - 6 feet wide per roll.
Length - 45’.
Thickness - 7/16".
Density - 8lb.
Insulation Rating - R 1.6.
Weight - ~60 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Shaw's Ruby carpet pad is great in homes, apartments and condos under all types of carpet. This carpet pad is commonly used under berber type carpets.
Installation of our carpet pad is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the mesh on the bottom.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed with tape.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.