Description - Shaw's Ruby carpet padding is a top of the line recycled / rebonded carpet padding that won't break the bank. A popular choice for comfort and value, Ruby is a wonderful choice to enhance the life of your carpet. This soft and affordable carpet underlayment is breathable and CRI Green Label certified.
Material - Rebonded recycled foam.
Width - 6 feet wide per roll.
Length - 45’.
Thickness - 7/16".
Density - 8lb.
Insulation Rating - R 1.6.
Weight - ~60 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Shaw's Ruby carpet pad is great in homes, apartments and condos under all types of carpet. This carpet pad is commonly used under berber type carpets.
Available For Order - Ships between Jul 26 - 30
Installation of our carpet pad is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the mesh on the bottom.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed with tape.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.