Description - Our Sound Blocker premium underlayment features a unique fold out design that gives it a higher tensile strength and better crush resistance. This foam underlay is very easy to install and comes with an attached aluminum vapor barrier. This underlayment can be used under all floors, but is great under floating floors such as laminate and engineered wood floors. Resistant to moisture, mold and mildew, and bacterial growth makes this the underlay great in areas that may have water issues. Sound Blocker features a lifetime warranty and is approved over radiant heating.
Material - Sound Blocker is comprised of closed celled EVA foam with an aluminum vapor barrier.
Width - 3-1/2 feet wide per roll.
Length - 28-1/2’ lengths.
Thickness - 3mm (~1/8”).
Weight - 4 Lbs.
Recommended Uses - Sound Blocker can be installed in any area of your home or business and is great under bamboo flooring, laminate flooring, hardwood flooring, LVT, LVP, engineered wood flooring, cork flooring, rubber flooring, tile, and much more.
Installation of our Sound Blocker underlayment is very easy and commonly done by our customers. Installation of this underlay is as follows.
- Clean subfloor checking to make sure it is clear of any debris including nails by either sweeping or vacuuming.
- From the corner of the room start to roll out the underlay with the aluminum on the bottom.
- Radiant Heat: Install with aluminum foil on top for radiant heat and the recommended temperature is at or below 82° F.
- It is recommended to lay the underlayment perpendicular to your floor installation.
- Where moisture is evident, install vapor barrier tape to seam all seams that are not sealed by our self seal system.
- Roll out a second roll of underlayment and butt the seams together with built-in self-seal tape and push down to adhere foam.
- Tape the underlayment seams with a moisture resistant tape. Note: When installing underlayment in a basement or where a moisture barrier is required, we recommend extending the underlay 1-2" up the sides of all walls.
- Continue installing the underlay repeating the previous steps until the floor is completed.