Description - Take advantage of fast delivery and clearance pricing with our PlayTime Interlocking Playground Tiles - Seconds. These playground tiles are offered at a discount due to color shade variations, but still feature the same great quality and features of our standard PlayTime Interlocking Tiles. Needing no adhesive or connectors of any kind, PlayTime Interlocking Playground tiles are one of the easiest playground floors to install. Available in several different thicknesses, this interlocking rubber playground tile is one of the best options for any playground area. The tiles are equipped with a built-in alignment foot which allows for precise installation. The locking mechanism runs the entire perimeter to provide a more secure installation and will help minimize any curling or tile separation. This rubber tile collection also features some of the highest fall heights, ranging from 2’ to 10’, ensuring that all kids that play on this floor will be safe. Easier to manage than mulch and safer than rocks, these playground tiles are backed by a 10 year warranty and are the perfect playground flooring option for both residential and commercial applications. Great for both outdoor and indoor use, accessorize any play area with ADA accessible ramps and corners to create a clean, safe play area for all. Please note that ramps and accessories are made to order and can take several weeks to produce.
Material – Recycled rubber and paint are the primary materials. Standard painted solid colors can fade in the sunlight overtime like any rubber product, however these colors are designed to provide the most attractive and durable outdoor painted tile surface available.
Thickness – 1.5" thick (2 foot fall height rating), 2.25” thick (4 foot fall height rating), 2.75” thick (6 foot fall height rating), 3.25" thick (8 foot fall height rating), and 4.25" thick (10 foot fall height rating) tiles are available.
Weight – 1.5" thick tiles weigh 24 pounds each, 2.25” thick
tiles weigh 26 pounds each, 2.75” thick tiles weigh 29 pounds each, 3.25" thick tiles weigh 31 pounds each, and 4.25" thick tiles weigh 39 pounds each.
||1.5", 2.25", 2.75", 3.25", & 4.25"
||2.25" tiles: 26lbs, 2.75" tiles: 29lbs, 3.25" tiles: 31lbs, & 4.25" tiles: 39lbs
|Made in USA
|Fall height certified
|Fall height rating
||2.25" tiles: 4", 2.75" tiles: 6', 3.25" tiles: 8', & 4.25" tiles: 10'
|Perforated for drainage
Please note – Tiles are 24” x 24”, Ramp edges are 14" x 48". Outside corner are one piece and are 14" x 26" x 26". Inside corners are 1 piece and are 14" x 16" x 16".
Recommended Uses – PlayTime Interlocking Playground Tiles - Seconds are the perfect safety flooring for playgrounds in public parks and schools and have been used in: private community playgrounds, skateboard parks, as safe deck flooring, patio flooring, on rooftops, in daycare centers, for walkways and paths, for safety flooring for rock climbing walls, and many other places where a fall absorbing playground or general rubber surface are preferred.
PlayTime interlocking playground mats are virtually maintenance free. No daily maintenance is required normally however if you do feel the need to clean the surface of the playground flooring, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the surface such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else a damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the playground tiles with a mild soap and water solution and disinfecting of the tiles with a bleach and water or alcohol and water solution can be useful to help prevent the transmission of colds if kids are sick. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the rubber playground surface over time.
- PlayTime Tiles interlock together so that no dowels or adhesive is required to install these playground tiles.
- For public installation's such as in schools or parks, adhesive is still recommended to prevent theft.
- To prevent any movement of the tiles adhesive is sometimes used under the perimeter tiles in residential applications.
If you would like further explanation or help determining exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.