How to Install Outdoor Paver Tiles
Make sure that the base surface the tiles are being installed over is clean, level, and dry.
Choose a method of installation:
Method 1: Semi-Permanent
This is the most common method for home applications and is recommended when installing tiles over compacted dirt or compacted crushed gravel.
- Cover dirt or gravel with a landscaping cloth before the tiles are laid to prevent weed growth while allowing proper drainage.
- Lay the tiles and connect them with metal connecting clips.
Method 2: Permanent
This is normally the most economical method and is recommended for permanent installations over asphalt or concrete base surfaces. It is the method of choice for public playgrounds to ensure that the tiles are not stolen from the play area.
- Start in one corner of the installation and lay out all the borders in 2 directions to form an L shape.
- Adhere either the outside perimeter tiles (mats, corners, and/or ramps) or all of the playground rubber tiles with the recommended adhesive.
- Fill in all the center tiles and add any border, corner, or ramp tiles to complete the job.
To see our complete and detailed playground tile installation instructions, click here