Description - Our DIY Dance Floor contains everything you need to create a small practice space in the comfort of your own home: personal size dance roll, dance tiles to add comfort between hard subfloors and the dancer's feet, as well as dance tape to keep your roll in place. Our DIY Dance Floor kit is a wonderful choice for a beginning dancer to add a small practice space in the comfort of home.
Material – Our dance rolls are made from high quality resilient vinyl sheet. Soft tiles are made using closed cell EVA foam. Hard tiles are made from high impact polypropylene. All tiles are Random in color choice
Note: Dance roll will be larger than installed tile coverage. This is so that you may customize to fit the tiles exactly or provide your desired length of roll coverage from the outside of the tiles. Available tile colors are random and are ordered as such.
Soft Tile Kit:
One dance roll 5.25' wide x 5' long , 4 random color soft tiles 5/8" (covers 3'10" x 3'10"), and 1 roll Black Dance Tape (NOT recommended for pointe work or hard shoes)
Hard Tile Kit:
One dance roll 5.25' wide x 5'long, 25 random color hard tiles 3/8" (covers 5'x 5'), 1 roll Black Dance Tape, 10 male edge ramps, 10 female edge ramps, and 4 corner ramp pieces (great for any dance style)
Recommended Uses – This DIY Dance Floor is a great small practice space for any age and any skill level. We do NOT recommend using our DIY Dance Floor Soft Tile Kit for pointe work or hard shoes. The Hard Tile kit is suitable for pointe and hard shoes.
Vinyl rolls are easy to clean and maintain. Cleaning of this flooring typically includes:
- Sweeping or vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the floor when necessary.
- Light damp mopping to remove light staining or spills. Remove scuffs and excessive soil by carefully scrubbing.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, as discoloration may occur. We recommend closing blinds or drapes during peak sunlight hours to prolong the life of the floor.
Note: This is not a stain proof product. Leaving certain harsh chemicals or spills on the floor for an extended period of time may cause some staining and/or damage. Always clean up a spill immediately to reduce the chance of staining or other damage to your flooring.
When installing your dance floor package, please follow these simple steps:
- First you will want to clean your main sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Begin by installing the subfloor tiles by interlocking them together to form a square space upon which your Marley dance floor will go.
- When laying the vinyl dance floor roll on top of the tile subfloor, you may have excess roll material surrounding the tiles. This 'perimeter' can be taped down to your main floor using our Dance Tape provided, creating a 'ramp' or 'tapered' installation. Or you can also trim the dance roll to your size preference if you prefer to not have a taper.
- Please note: if you are installing on top of low pile carpet you may need to cut your dance rolls to fit just inside the perimeter of the subfloor tiles and tape the rolls to the tiles. We do not recommend installing on top of high pile carpet.