Description - Bring the 'Golden Age' to your home with Joy Carpets Fort Wood carpet. Great for both commercial and residential spaces, this broadloom carpet is commonly found as flooring in cinemas and home theater rooms. Resistant to staining, soiling, wearing and mold makes this carpet very easy to clean and maintain. Backed by a lifetime warranty and featuring a Class 1 fire rating and Green Lable Certification ensures that your new carpet will last for many years to come.
Pattern Repeat - 18" x 18"
Material - 100% STAINMASTER® nylon with an ActionBac backing.
Width - 13'6" wide
Pile Height - 0.186"
Face Weight - 26 oz or 32 oz
Traffic Type - Medium - (This Traffic type works well across all uses.)
Recommended Uses - Joy Carpets Fort Wood carpet brings the nostalgic look of the 'Golden Age' to anywhere installed. This broadloom carpet is great as flooring in both homes and businesses and can be found as flooring in basements, family rooms, as cinema flooring, in home theaters, as flooring in rec rooms and much more.
Available For Order - Ships between Aug 21 - Sep 4
Carpet does not require special equipment or cleaning products. Maintaining your carpet tiles is as easy as follows:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (I.E. carpet cleaner).
Installation of carpet can be a tricky matter, but here we work to make it easy. Below are instructions for the most common methods of installing carpeting.
- First you will want to make sure your subfloor is free of all dirt and debris.
- If there are cracks, holes or depressions, we recommend you fill those.
- Group rolls and cuts working from the longest patter repeat gradually down to the shortest.
- Shift trimmed edges to achieve a match near the mid point of the seam.
- Insert hot melt tape under seam.
- Melt together that portion of the seam that is visually acceptable.
- Using a power stretcher or knee kicker, stretch along the “short” side in 3 to 5 foot sections.
- As each small section of the seam is matched, insert seaming iron and prepare that section. Leave stretcher locked in position until each section cools.
- Do not complete any section of seam that does not match.
- Once all seams are matched and complete, the entire installed area is stretched. Image and more detailed instructions of how to do this can be found in the printable instructions.
- Trowel notch size, shape and adhesive coverage rate must be maintained as noted on the glue pails installation instructions.
- If patterned carpet is being installed, installation sequence must be determined based on pattern repeat size.
- On non-patterned loop pile carpets, row cut one of the edges to be seamed, overlap this edge over the other edge, and scribe cut to the row-cut edge.
- Obtain a net seam – do not compress – use knee kicker or “crab”stretcher to position.
- Bead all edges with seam sealer on all carpets regardless of construction.
- Avoid air entrapment – lay carpet into adhesive working in both directions from center.
- Roll with 75 lb. Roller in both length and width directions or as directed by the cushion manufacturer in “double stick” applications.
- Restrict heavy traffic and furniture movement for 24 hours.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.