Description - Virgin rubber Terra Lock Tiles were designed for users who would like a rubber floor covering that is low in rubber odor and available in brighter upscale colors. Terra lock tiles are perfect for home users are as an accent floor tile in commercial fitness studios as they are easy to clean and resistant to bacterial growth. These tiles are also latex free and provide a durable anti-slip floor surface that also helps to muffle sound transmission between floors. Terra Lock tiles are made to handle the weight of commercial grade exercise equipment but are often not recommended for use in heavy free weight areas. These tiles are offered in center cut tiles only which means that the interlocking mechanism can be found on all four sides of the tile. Some cutting of the tile is often required in order to make finished edges or to install wall to wall installations. Cutting and installing these tiles is easy enough for most home users to install themselves and each terra lock tile is backed by a 5 year warranty.
Material – Terra Lock Tiles are constructed from 100% virgin rubber and the color in these tiles is solid throughout. What this means to you is that unlike some cheaper tiles which are painted with a urethane overcoat to have a solid color, these tiles do not have a thin surface layer of color that will eventually wear out. These tiles are also low in odor.
Size – Tiles are 2’ x 2’
Thickness – 1/4 Inch (6.5 mm)
Weight – Each center tile weighs approximately 8 lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – Terra Lock virgin rubber tiles have been used in personal home gyms, as physical training studio flooring, in commercial gyms under cardio exercise equipment, as school gym flooring, in basements and laundry rooms, and in a variety of other locations. If you are looking for a durable high quality full color rubber floor tile that offers a non-slip surface, these tiles could be the solutions for you.
Virgin rubber flooring is easy to clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber gym mats typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rubber floor tile covering when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the virgin rubber tile surface with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: We recommend that all of our virgin rubber floor tiles are damp mopped immediately following installation to remove any residual waxiness on the tile that may still be present from manufacturing residue.
Optional: Virgin rubber tiles may be sealed with a common flooring sealer to help provide a high gloss finish and to further protect your floor from wear.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.