Description - USFloors Natural Cork New Earth Collection puts an accent on the style and beauty cork flooring can bring to your home. This eco-friendly floor features a 4” wide glueless plank with micro-beveled edges and ends, which will provide you with a traditional hardwood plank floor look. Each cork plank in this collection has been finished with USFloors proprietary Endura AR UV- cured finish with advanced generation abrasion resistance ensuring a long lasting, durable flooring surface. New Earth cork planks are also very easy to install using a glueless drop and lock installation method, which means less mess and less time installing your floor. These cork planks will also provide added warmth to any room you install them in, making them perfect for basements or areas with concrete subfloors. Natural cork flooring is also mold and mildew resistant, which allows it to be installed virtually anywhere in your home. New Earth cork flooring is also Greenguard Children and Schools certified, which means these cork planks will aid in a healthier indoor air quality for your home. So if you are looking for a ‘Green’ product to install in your home that looks great, then USFloors Natural Cork New Earth Collection is the product for you.
Material – Natural Cork New Earth planks are made with a cork sound control backing adhered to an HDF baseboard, which is then adhered to another insulating cork layer before finally being adhered to a decorative and natural cork veneer layer. The entire top veneer is then coated with a ceramic wear layer, which aids in the flooring's durability.
Size – Cork Planks are 35-5/8" long x 4-1/8" wide.
Thickness – ~10mm (13/32")
Weight – Each cork plank weighs ~2 lbs..
Recommended Uses – USFloors Reflections of Nature flooriong tiles are designed for use in commercial and residential areas where foot traffic is the main source of wear. Some common places where cork flooring can be found include kitchens, half baths, wine cellars, libraries, in dens, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, basements and much much more.
New Earth cork flooring is easy to clean and maintain. To properly protect and maintain your new cork floor, just follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum you flooring frequently in order to avoid the build-up of abrasive particles which can scratch you flooring.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, use only a damp mop with a mild soap. Never use a wet mop.
- Spills should always be cleaned immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to doors and in front of kitchen sinks to prevent wear. Try to avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- To prevent indentations in your new floor, install proper protectors under the “feet” of any furniture. This will help to reach a proper weight distribution across the flooring surface, thus abating indentations. Proper protectors are made of felt, flexible rubber, or saucer-shaped plastic guides.
- Caster wheeled chairs should have wide, rubber casters preferably. Protective mats are recommended under office chairs.
- It is recommended that a humidity level of 30-50% be maintained to reduce the risk of your floor buckling. A humidifier may be necessary to achieve this humidity level.
Note: Do not use any cleaning products that contain abrasive chemicals or solvents such as acetone and they can cause irreversible damage to the floor surface.
For more detailed maintenance and protection information, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. To view the installation instructions, please Click Here.