Description - USFloors Earth and Classics Collection features 12 popular colors/patterns that are sure to add sophistication to any room. These cork planks feature a special shaped “click” together tongue and groove system that allows for a tighter connection between the planks. This design also allows for the planks to be installed in areas where other cork planks can’t such as bathrooms and odd shaped rooms. USFloors Earth and Classics collection also has been manufactured to eliminate harmful ingredients such as phenol, formaldehyde and isocyanates from the binding process, which significantly reduces the level of emissions without compromising the performance of the cork floor. This makes this natural cork floating floor GreenGuard Children and Schools Indoor Air Quality Certified which ensures that this cork flooring does not contribute to harmful odors in your family’s home. This cork plank collection is constructed of natural cork which makes this a very ‘Green’ product, and makes it the perfect floor for any environmentally conscious consumer.
Material – Earth and Classics plank floor tiles are made with a cork sound control backing adhered to an HDF baseboard, which is then adhered to another insulating cork layer before finally being adhered to a decorative and natural cork veneer layer. The entire top veneer is then coated with a ceramic wear layer, which aids in the flooring's durability.
Size – Cork Planks are 35-5/8" long x 11-5/8" wide.
Thickness – ~12mm (15/32")
Weight – Each cork plank weighs ~5 lbs.
Recommended Uses – USFloors Earth and Classics flooriong tiles are designed for use in commercial and residential areas where foot traffic is the main source of wear. Some common places where cork flooring can be found include kitchens, half baths, wine cellars, libraries, in dens, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, basements and much much more.
Earth and Classics cork flooring is easy to clean and maintain. To properly protect and maintain your new cork floor, just follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum you flooring frequently in order to avoid the build-up of abrasive particles which can scratch you flooring.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, use only a damp mop with a mild soap. Never use a wet mop.
- Spills should always be cleaned immediately.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to doors and in front of kitchen sinks to prevent wear. Try to avoid rubber backed or other non-ventilated mats or rugs.
- To prevent indentations in your new floor, install proper protectors under the “feet” of any furniture. This will help to reach a proper weight distribution across the flooring surface, thus abating indentations. Proper protectors are made of felt, flexible rubber, or saucer-shaped plastic guides.
- Caster wheeled chairs should have wide, rubber casters preferably. Protective mats are recommended under office chairs.
- It is recommended that a humidity level of 30-50% be maintained to reduce the risk of your floor buckling. A humidifier may be necessary to achieve this humidity level.
Note: Do not use any cleaning products that contain abrasive chemicals or solvents such as acetone and they can cause irreversible damage to the floor surface.
For more detailed maintenance and protection information, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. To view the installation instructions, please Click Here.