Description - Our EZ Series shear tile cutters are our lightest and most economical flooring cutters. Even though these cutters are less expensive, they are still just as durable and versatile as our Magnum Series and Pro Magnum Series cutters. This floor cutter collection comes in three different widths from 13” to 26” and features a longer handle for better leverage and easier cutting. These shear cutters have been designed to shear siding and siding trim, but can easily cut LVT, cork flooring, rubber tiles, carpet tiles, VCT, engineered hardwood, pine boards, and much more. So if you are looking for something that will cut your flooring very easily with no dust, then our EZ Series floor shear cutters are for you.
Max Cut Size
- EZ Shear SST 13 - 13" x 1" max object size that can be cut.
- EZ Shear SST 20 - 20" x 1" max object size that can be cut.
- EZ Shear SST 26 - 26" x 1" max object size that can be cut.
Weight – 16.5, 28.5, and 41 Lbs respectively.
Recommended Uses – Our EZ Series shear tile cutters have been designed to cut siding and siding trim with no dust and can be used to cut: cork tiles, rubber tiles, LVT, VCT, plastic tiles, carpet tiles, pine boards, plywood, engineered hardwoods, OSB boards, fibercement planks and much more.
Shear tile cutter's are highly durable and made of a aluminum construction and high impact plastic. Proper care for your floor cutter typically includes:
- Keeping the tool clean of water, dirt, dust, and debris.
- Honing of the blade may be necessary after the first 30-100 cuts on a new blade, after 100+ cuts on the job, or when the blade has been re-sharpened. This can be done with the provided honing tool.
- Blades may need to be re-sharpened or changed and can be done quite easily.
- To prevent corrosion it is important to spray a fine layer of oil (10W motor oil or WD-40) over the power assembly once every month to prevent surface corrosion.
- Blade stops may eventually become worn and can be replaced or turned over for further use.
For further maintenance instructions, an instructional manual will be provided with each shear tile cutter purchase.