Description - Shaw's Sumter Plus vinyl plank collection features a range of colorful wood visuals in rich and beautiful tones. A longer plank version of the regular Sumter line, the Plus collection has more color options and satisfies a wider range of needs. Resembling real hardwood floors, these long planks showcase detailed wood patterns that are sure to impress. Durable and safe for people of all ages, this flooring is VOC free, waterproof, and resistant to mold and mildew. Easy to install, clean, and maintain, vinyl flooring can be installed on any level of the home unlike traditional wood. Backed by a 10 year residential warranty, this low cost alternative to wood will last for years to come.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 7" wide x 48" long.
Thickness – 2mm
Wear Layer – 8 MIL
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~1.8 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Shaw Sumter Plus wood floor planks have been installed in residential and light commercial such as guest rooms, kitchens, home offices, walkways, hallways, lobbies, dining rooms, bathrooms, basements, waiting rooms, coffee shops, art galleries, specialty shops, family rooms, dining rooms and much more.
Luxury Vinyl planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dusting of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the flooring surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp mop. Never a wet mop.
- Clean up spills immediately to prevent damage to the flooring surface.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of Shaw planks is as follows:
- Install Shaw planks using conventional plank installation techniques. Make sure you will have at least a half of a plank at all borders.
- Install planks running in same direction (arrows are on back of plank).
- Avoid all foot traffic for 12 hours after installation unless using a spray adhesive which can be walked on immediately.
- Avoid rolling load traffic for at least 24-72 hours. If rolling loads cannot be avoided, protect the new flooring with wood panels.
For more detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.