Description - Recoil Playground Tiles offer our fastest and easiest to install rubber playground flooring. Recoil Tiles use a custom designed interlocking system not normally found on playground floor tiles. This makes these tiles easier to install since no other accessory piece is needed to connect the tiles such as dowel, rubber connectors, or adhesive. Recoil Tiles are available in 4 standard colors and two different thicknesses. All of our Playground tiles have also been fall height certified so you can ensure kids are safe when playing on any playground equipment used over the rubber surface. Recoil Tiles were designed to be used on outside playgrounds however they have also been used inside on numerous occasions in indoor play areas and below indoor rock climbing walls. These tiles are water permeable so that water quickly drains through the tiles after heavy rains. Beveled edge pieces are also available to slope down around the border of your playground surface which helps to prevent tripping. Recoil tiles are also guaranteed with a long 10 year warranty.
Material – Recycled rubber, and paint are the primary materials. Standard painted solid colors (blue, red, and green) can fade in the sunlight overtime like any rubber product however these colors are designed to provide the most attractive and durable outdoor painted tile surface available.
Size – Tiles are 24” x 24”, Ramp edges are 12" x 24". Outside corners are 1 piece that is 12" x 12" and inside corners come in a 3 piece kit that is 12" x 12".
Thickness – 2.5” thick (6 foot fall height rating) and 3.5” thick (8 foot fall height rating) tiles are available.
Weight – 2.5” thick
tiles weigh 29 pounds each and 3.5” thick tiles weigh 34 pounds each.
Recommended Uses – Recoil tiles can be found in use in school and public park playgrounds, in private community playgrounds, in skateboard parks, in private community play areas for children, as soft and safe deck and patio flooring, on rooftops, in day care centers, as outdoor walk ways and paths, as a safer floor surface for use under indoor rock climbing
walls and any other place where a fall absorbing playground or general rubber surface would be beneficial.
Recoil interlocking playground mats are virtually maintenance free. No daily maintenance is required normally however if you do feel the need to clean the surface of the playground flooring, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the surface such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else a damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the playground tiles with a mild soap and water solution and disinfecting of the tiles with a bleach and water or alcohol and water solution can be useful to help prevent the transmission of colds if kids are sick. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the rubber playground surface over time.
- Recoil Tiles interlock together so that no dowels or adhesive is required to install these playground tiles.
- For public installation's such as in schools or parks, adhesive is still recommended to prevent theft.
- To prevent any movement of the tiles adhesive is sometimes used under the perimeter tiles in residential applications.
If you would like further explanation or help determining exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.