Description - Designer Series Recoil Playground
Tiles offer our fastest and easiest to install rubber playground flooring. Recoil Tiles use a custom designed interlocking system not normally found on most playground floor tiles. This makes these upscale playground tiles easier to install since no other accessory piece is needed to connect the tiles such as dowel, rubber connectors, or adhesive. Recoil Tiles are available in 6 standard colors and two different thicknesses. All of our Playground tiles have also been IPEMA fall height certified so you can ensure kids are safe when playing on any playground equipment used over the rubber surface. Recoil Tiles were designed to be used on outdoor playgrounds however they have also been used inside on numerous occasions in indoor play areas and below indoor rock climbing walls. These tiles are water permeable so that water quickly drains through the tiles after heavy rains. Beveled edge pieces are also available to slope down around the border of your playground surface which helps to prevent tripping.
Recoil tiles are also guaranteed with an industry leading 10 year warranty.
Material – Designer series Recoil tiles use a recycled rubber base combined with a ¼” thick top surface of EPDM virgin rubber flecks to provide more color options and ensure the greatest life expectancy available in playground flooring tiles.
Size – Tiles are 24” x 24”, Ramp edges are 12" x 24". Outside corners are 1 piece that is 12" x 12" and inside corners come in a 3 piece kit that is 12" x 12".
Thickness – 2.5” thick (6 foot fall height rating) and 3.5” thick (8 foot fall height rating) playground tiles are available.
Weight – 2.5” thick tiles weigh 29 pounds each and 3.5” thick tiles weigh 34 pounds each.
Recommended Uses – Recoil tiles can be found in use in school and public park playgrounds, in private community playgrounds, in skateboard parks, in private community play areas for children, as soft and safe deck and patio flooring, on rooftops, in day care centers, as outdoor walk ways and paths, as a safer floor surface for use under indoor rock climbing walls and any other place where a fall absorbing playground or general rubber surface would be beneficial.
Recoil interlocking playground matting is virtually maintenance free.
No daily maintenance is required normally however if you do feel the need to clean the surface of the playground covering, normal recommended cleaning instructions include:
- Sweeping or blowing off the rubber tiles to remove any loose crumbs, dirt, dust, sticks, leaves, or other debris from the surface when necessary.
- If something wet or sticky is spilled on the surface such as drinks, ice cream, etc, it is best to clean up the area with a water hose or else a damp cloth.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rubber playground surface with a mild soap and water solution and disinfecting of the tiles with a bleach and water or alcohol and water solution can be useful to help prevent the transmission of colds if kids are sick. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the playground surface over time.
- Recoil playground mats interlock together so that no dowels or adhesive is required to install these playground tiles.
- For public installation's such as in schools or parks, adhesive is still recommended to prevent theft.
- To prevent any movement of the tiles adhesive is sometimes used under the perimeter tiles in residential applications.
If you would like further explanation or help determining exactly what you will need to complete your installation, please call one of our friendly customer service staff members at 800-613-0996.