Description - Providing the ultimate in comfort and durability, our 8mm Carpet/Rubber Tiles – Signature Series are by far the best flooring option for any heavy duty commercial or home gym. Easy to install and maintain, these interlocking tiles can be mixed and matched to create truly custom floors or mats that will surely make any space pop. Resistant to water, staining and bacterial growth, these carpet tiles are backed by a 5 year warranty ensuring a beautiful floor for years to come. So if you are looking for the perfect alternative to the standard black rubber flooring typically found in most gyms, then our 8mm Carpet/Rubber Tiles are the perfect flooring option for you.
Material – 100% fiber weave polyester wear layer made from recycled plastic bottles over a recycled SBR rubber backing.
Size – 23” x 23” (Note: Tiles do overlap 1.125” where they lock together)
Thickness – 8 mm thick (approx. 5/16")
Weight – Each rubber tile weighs approximately 4 Lbs.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses – 8mm Carpet/Rubber Tiles – Signature Series tiles have been used successfully in several locations and are perfect for heavy duty commercial gyms, home gyms, daycares, child care facilities, basements, laundries, bedrooms, playrooms, living rooms, family rooms, home offices, waiting rooms, office spaces, and much more.
Signature series carpet/rubber tiles are very durable as well as easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance for interlocking gym tiles include:
- To keep your rooms clean and inviting, carpet tiles should be vacuumed frequently.
- Spills should be removed immediately with an absorbent cotton cloth and clean water. For tough stains, you can also easily remove any floor carpet tile to better clean the tile and then easily replace it.
- Periodic maintenance can be performed as needed using a hot water extraction-cleaning machine (I.E. carpet cleaner). Carpet tiles have a backing that prevents water from penetrating or harming the tiles.
For detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation of interlocking tiles is very simple and typically done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your sub floor so it is free of all dirt, grease or debris.
- Snap a chalk line on the sub floor 24” from one wall in your room. Snap another chalk line on the subfloor 24” from an adjacent wall. You should now have a pair of perpendicular lines making an approximate 90-degree angle.
- Begin laying the interlocking tiles along the chalk lines, snapping the locks together as you go.
- Leave the perimeter of the room open until the field is installed.
- After the field is covered, go back and cut in lines along the walls in the room. Leaving a gap at the wall roughly the thickness of tiles being used is recommended to account for expansion and contraction of the floor tiles in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives are usually not used since the weight of the locked together product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, some double-sided tape or mat tape can be used around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.