Description - Featuring a real wood appearance and added durability, Shaw's Urbanality 20 luxury vinyl planks are the commercially rated addition to the Urbanality collection. Boasting a long lasting 20 mil wear layer, these planks are ideal for residential or light commercial use. These beautiful and modern looking wood planks come in a variety of color options which are all VOC Free and Floor Score Certified. Vinyl flooring planks are easy to install, clean and maintain, making them an increasingly popular alternative to real hardwood flooring. This resilient LVP flooring has been constructed to be resistant to staining, mold, and mildew growth. Backed by a long 30 year limited warranty, you are sure to love this flooring for countless years to come.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals. Urbanality planks are complete with an OptiClean surface finish.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6" wide x 36" long.
Thickness – 2.5mm
Wear Layer – 20 MIL
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~1.3 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Shaw Urbanality 20 vinyl planks are perfect for a range of areas. Shaw’s LVP planks can be installed residential rooms such as home offices, dens or libraries, kitchens, dining rooms, theater rooms, game rooms, family rooms, bathrooms, basements, bedrooms and are also durable enough to be installed in commercial areas like office buildings, boutiques, small retail spaces, dental offices, hallways, and much more.
Luxury Vinyl planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dropping of dirt, grit, dust etc.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place door mats at all entrances to prevent tracked in dirt, rocks, moisture, and other debris.
- Avoid using rubber backed mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation of luxury vinyl flooring is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. There are two installation methods, depending on the type of environment. For low traffic spaces or non-permanent installations, we recommend the Double Sided Tape Installation method. For high traffic or permanent installations, we recommend the Glue Installation method. Installation of vinyl tiles and planks is as follows:
Double Sided Tape Installation
- For non-permanent or low traffic area installations, the double sided carpet tape method may be preferred.
- Ensure the subfloor is flat, smooth, clean and dust free.
- Measure the room to determine the center line, adjust that center line in either direction to give a balanced width of planks or tiles on each side of the room and to prevent narrow pieces along the wall.
- If installing a square shape tile, start installation in the center of the room. If installing a plank shape, start in the left corner.
- Lay double sided tape around the perimeter of the entire room including cabinets and doorways (roughly 1/4 to ½ inch from the wall). Do not remove paper backing from the perimeter tape.
- For additional security, you may choose to lay additional double sided carpet tape in perpendicular lines with the perimeter of the flooring. Depending on the size of your vinyl tile or plank, you may choose to line up tape underneath seams of your tile or plank, or in repeated increments of your choosing.
- Starting in the corner on the starting wall, remove the paper backing from the perimeter tape of that wall and install the first row of tiles or planks on top of the tape. Be certain this first line is straight and pieces are laid tightly, one against the next.
- Be sure to install tiles or planks running in same direction (arrows are on back of plank).
- For plank installation, start the second row using the piece cut from the last plank of the previous row. This should ensure plank joints have a stagger. Continue installing in this same manner.