Description - Aviator floating vinyl planks are the low cost and easy to install flooring solution that you have been looking for. With a 6 mil wear layer, this resilient collection is perfect for any room in the home where a hardwood look is desired. The easy VersaLock mechanism allows you to install your flooring hassle free, great for the DIYer of any level.
Material – Shaw vinyl flooring is constructed with virgin vinyl, also known as DOTP, and contains no hazardous metals or chemicals.
Size – Luxury Vinyl Planks are 6" wide x 48" long.
Thickness – 3.2mm
Wear Layer – 6 MIL (0.152 mm)
Weight – Each vinyl plank weighs ~2.42 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Aviator planks are recommended for residential installation in rooms such as kitchens, closets, bedrooms, basements, laundry room, and any other space in need of a durable yet low cost wood look.
Available For Order - Ships between Jun 26 - 28
Luxury Vinyl tiles and planks are easy to keep clean and maintain. Maintenance of the floor typically includes:
- Always use plywood or other boards when moving heavy objects across the floor to avoid scratching of the floor surface.
- Use felt pads under chair and furniture legs to prevent scratching of the floor surface.
- Place walk off door mats at all entrances and doorways to collect debris from shoes such as dirt, rocks, and moisture, from being tracked in and onto your new floors.
- Avoid using rubber backed area rugs or floor mats as they can stain the flooring surface over time.
- Use non-staining floor protectors underneath heavy furniture, chairs, and tables.
- Daily or weekly vacuuming or dust mopping to remove dirt, grit, dust etc. Do not use treated dust mops.
- When mopping, use a damp and never a wet mop.
- Clean up spill immediately to prevent damage to the floor.
For more detailed cleaning instructions along with commercial cleaning instructions, please Click Here.
Installation is simple, and is commonly done by our customers. Installation of Shaw planks is as follows:
- Complete any necessary floor prep.
- Square the product in the room leaving a 2-5 mm expansion space against the wall.
- Start with the tongue side facing the wall.
- After the initial starter board, press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right
- Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. This is best done with a low angle of the plank.
- Insert the long side seam at a slight angle first. As the top surfaces meet, rotate the plank down into the locked position. Engage the end seam, using a rubber mallet if necessary.
- Planks may be cut with a utility knife using the “score and snap” technique.
- Continue installing planks removing any gaps using a tapping block and a scrap of flooring to cover the tapping block. Be careful not to damage In*Step tongue and groove.
- Protect all exposed edges of the In-Step by installing wall moulding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
For moe detailed installation instructions, please Click Here.