Description - EZ-Floor foam underlayment is a premium foam underlay great for LVT and LVP products. Our foam underlay features high density foam with an integrated moisture barrier providing you with superior impact resistance as well as optimal subfloor preparation. Constructed with over 80% recycled material, this underlay will help to hide minor subfloor defects, improve walking comfort, and provide warmth under foot.
Material - EZ-Floor Foam Underlayment is constructed with over 80% recycled agglomerated high density foam granules with an integrated moisture barrier.
Width - 42"
Length - Our foam underlayment comes in 49.24’ lengths.
Thickness - 2mm (~.0787”).
Weight - 34 Lbs. per roll.
Recommended Uses - Our EZ-Floor foam underlayment has been formulated for luxury vinyl planks and tiles but can be used as underlay for laminate, engineered wood flooring, hardwood flooring, cork, bamboo, rubber, linoleum, and anywhere a high dense, mold resistant underlay is desired.
EZ-Floor Foam Underlayment Instructions
- The room, underlayment, flooring materials and adhesives must be maintained at 65 to 85 degrees F and the relative humidity below 60% for 48 hours prior to, during and after the installation.
- All subfloor work should be structurally sound, clean and level. The moisture content of the subfloor should not be more than 10 lbs. Per 1000 s/f 24rs as measured via a Calcium Chloride test, before the underlayment is applied.
- EZ-Floor LVT underlayment must be installed perpendicular to the length of the plank being installed and the moisture barrier must be facing down towards the subfloor.
- Determine the layout, noting that the seams of the underlay are at least 4” away form the seams of the material being installed.
- Cut the underlayment to the desired length and position it in the space to be covered.
- A 1/4” space needs to be maintained between the material and any walls or fixed objects for expansion and contraction.
- Cut the second sheet of underlay to length and position it with seam butted tightly to the first sheet.
- Secure the sheets with tape.
- Proceed to cover the entire room, making sure the sheets are tightly butted together, without gaps.
Note: Gaps in the underlayment may “telegraph” through some resilient floors, so the underlayment should be installed as smoothly and as well seamed as possible.
||Glued Vinyl Plank
Tested in Accredited Laboratories as per ASTM E-90/E-413 (STC) and ASTM E-492/E989 (IIC).