Description - The 8mm (5/16” thick) custom cut Strong Rubber rolls are a great, all around product for both consumer and commercial clients. The thickness is our most popular, ‘do it all’ product. The rubber roll flooring option has been designed for customers looking for a product thicker than our 1/4” thick residential rubber rolls yet thinner than the 3/8” commercial grade rolls. The 8mm rolled rubber offers a low price for home owners that are looking for more ‘cushion’ than the 1/4” residential grade rolled rubber. For commercial use, the 8mm thick rolled rubber is a durable flooring option with the ability to withstand all but the most extreme use. An additional perk is that this rubber flooring comes complete with an industry leading full 5 year warranty.
Material – Recycled rubber and EPDM colored rubber flecks.
Width – 4 feet wide per roll
Length – The 8mm rubber rolls are custom cut to each customer’s desired length. This feature is free of charge provided that each roll length is at least 15’ long and ordered in whole increments (i.e. 15’, 16’, 17’, etc.). It is normal to receive extra inches on each roll as this allows for quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 8mm (Approx. 5/16")
Weight – 2.2 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses – The 8mm roll is the perfect flooring solution that offers a non slip surface and anti fatigue like qualities. Custom cut 8mm strong rubber rolls are excellent in a variety of locations: home gyms, commercial weight rooms, fitness facilities, under exercise equipment, basement and children play room flooring, pet care facilities, locker room flooring (where spike protection might be needed) and fit nicely over radiant heated floor systems. The rubber rolls are also used outside on decks, patios, boats and boat docks; providing a protected, non slip surface. This rubber flooring choice is truly the ‘all around, do it all’ flooring solution.
Available For Order - Ships between Jul 31 - Aug 7
5/16" (8mm) Strong rubber rolls are easy to clean and maintain. Maintenance of these rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the rolled rubber flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rubber rolls with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation