- Our 8mm Cork Rubber Rolls offer the same stylish look as our 6mm Cork Rubber, but are ideal for both residential and commercial flooring applications. Constructed with EPDM virgin rubber flecks and cork, these rubber rolls offer industry standard protection and durability. Constructed of 100% recycled rubber, these gym rolls offer optimal sound absorption and anti-fatigue properties. Available in many colors these rolls will not only look great, but may contribute to your project receiving ‘LEED’ credits.
Material – Recycled rubber, EPDM colored virgin rubber flecks and cork granules.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – These rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 5/16 Inch
Weight – 2.95 Lbs. per square foot.
Origin – Made in the USA.
Recommended Uses - Cork Rubber Rolls have been used in home workout gyms, as flooring for exercise, basement flooring, commercial gym flooring, kitchen flooring, flooring for bathrooms, in weight and locker rooms, in retail spaces, as flooring for recreational spaces, as wall covering, and anywhere a sound absorbing, slip resistant rubber floor is desired.
Rubber Cork rolls are easy to clean. Maintenance of these cork rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation