Don’t love the look of our standard rubber rolls? Our Cork Rubber Rolls are the perfect solution for you. Cork Rubber Rolls combine the unmatched durability of rubber with beautiful “Green” cork granules. These gym flooring rolls are perfect as a protective floor covering in any light use commercial environment or as a defensive barrier for walls. Featuring outstanding slip resistance, sound absorption, plus an assortment of designer colors these rolls are sure to add much needed style and grit wherever they are installed.
Material – Recycled rubber, EPDM colored virgin rubber flecks and cork granules.
Width – Each roll is 4 feet wide.
Length – These rolls are custom cut to your desired lengths free of charge provided that each roll length is 15’ long or longer and in whole foot increments such as 15’, 16’, 17’, etc. You will normally receive an extra few inches on each roll. This allows for a quick and easy installation.
Thickness – 1/4 Inch
Weight – 2.14 Lbs. per square foot.
Recommended Uses - Cork Rubber Rolls have been used as flooring in light use commercial gyms, as flooring for high traffic areas, as home gym flooring, as flooring in basements, as locker room flooring, flooring for retail areas, as a protective wall covering, as gym equipment flooring, and anywhere a sound dampening, anti-slip gym floor roll is needed.
Rubber Cork rolls are easy to clean. Maintenance of these cork rubber rolls typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose dust, dirt, or debris from the flooring surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the rolls with a mild soap and water mixture. Some soaps commonly used include Dawn dish detergent and/or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
When installing rolled rubber flooring, it is recommended that you use some kind of adhesive to prevent the rolls from moving around or sliding apart between adjacent rolls. The most common methods of adhering rubber rolls to the sub floor are:
A: Double Sided Tape Installation
- First you will want to clean your sub floor so that it is free of all dust, dirt, and debris.
- Loose lay your rolls in the room as you would like them to look after a complete installation. Let the rolls relax for up to 24-48 hours to ensure proper installation of your new flooring.
- Note: Rolls may be directional so make sure the color matches on each roll. If the roll colors do not match, flip them or turn them 180 degrees to ensure color matches.
- Make any necessary cuts to the rolls to fit them into the room using a Straight Edge and a Utility Knife with a fresh blade. We recommend leaving a gap around the rolls roughly the thickness of the rolls being used to account for expansion and contraction.
- Apply double sided tape to perimeter of each roll.
- Place rubber rolls back into position on top of the double sided tape.
B: Glue Installation