Description - Make the best of our special pricing on Replay Rubber Mulch! This mulch features small nuggets that will not fade, rot, compress or lose original beauty, even when exposed to harsh elements. Replay Rubber Mulch Rubber mulch controls moisture and prevents weeds, keeping your landscape looking its best.
|4"||6' fall height
|6"||14’ fall height
Material – 100% recycled rubber from post consumer waste tire.
Weight – Each pallet weighs ~1,500 lbs.
|Depth||Area covered by one 75 bag pallet||Area covered by one 98 bag pallet
|1"||597 sq ft||780 sq ft
|2"||298.5 sq ft||390 sq ft
|3"||198.75 sq ft||260 sq ft
|4"||149.25 sq ft||195 sq ft
|5"||119.25 sq ft||156 sq ft
|6"||99 sq ft||130 sq ft
Recommended Uses – Our Replay rubber mulch is designed for use in areas in and around playground equipment, but this has also been used in landscape planters and flower beds in place of rocks, sand or wood chips, in walkways, and in any other area needing attractive, low maintenance, highly durable, loose surface.
Available For Order - Ships between Apr 14 - 21
Replay Rubber Mulch is virtually maintenance-free. But if you do need to clear debris from the mulch such as leaves or grass clippings, you would want to use a blower on a low setting. Since our rubber mulch is heavier than grass clipping and leaves, it will stay in place while the debris is blown away.
Installation of our Replay Rubber Mulch is very easy, and below are some easy to follow instructions for both Playground and Landscape installations.
Playground Installation Instructions:
- First, the area where the rubber mulch will lie should be a location that will not hold water or have a slight grade to allow for proper drainage. In areas where drainage could be an issue; it is recommended to install a drain tile system with a 3" base of pea gravel or rock to allow for proper drainage.
- Heavy duty weed fabric should be installed under the Playground Rubber Mulch to separate the mulch from what lies beneath. Depending on the size of the playground, it is recommended to use large rolls of weed fabric, typically 12' wide, to minimize the number of seams.
- You would want to use landscape stakes to stake down the weed fabric seams and corners. You will need to make sure that the stakes are completely hammered down.
- A border is recommended to enclose the playground to contain the mulch, and it is recommended to leave a few inches between the top of the border and the top of the mulch.
- Finally it is recommended to loosely compact the mulch to either 3 or 6 inches to achieve the desired fall height rating.
Landscape Installation Instructions:
- First you will want to install the Playground Rubber Mulch at 2" depth.
- Even though it is not required to install the rubber mulch over a permeable weed fabric, it will increase coverage per bag and decrease the risk of weeds. Also, using a felt type week fabric will help keep the mulch in place.
- If you are installing the landscape mulch over existing mulch/soil, then you want to make sure that the ground is compacted and free of any debris or loose material. Our Landscape Rubber Mulch looks it's best when not mixed with other material.
- When installing our rubber mulch in plant beds, it is recommended that the beds have a border to help contain the mulch which can be a raised border (i.e., concrete or brick border) or a dug border or trench around the bed of about 2".
– How to easily calculate how many bags of mulch you will need.
- 39 Lb. Bag covers 1.5 cu. ft.
- 2000 Lb. Sac covers 75 cu. ft.
Take your square footage and then multiply it by the depth you would like to achieve in feet. Below is a chart of common thicknesses converted to feet.
- 1" = .083'
- 2" = .167'
- 3" = .25'
- 4" = .33'
- 5" = .42'
- 6" = .5'
- 20 feet x 20 feet x .25 feet = 100 cubic feet.
- 100 cubic feet / 1.5 cubic feet per 39 Lb. Bag = 67 bags needed.
So 67 bags would been needed for a 20' x 20' space at a 3 inch depth.