Description - Get a great deal on our Playground Rubber Mulch when you order it in bulk. We are now offering our rubber mulch at deep discount pricing for ordering it in full pallet quantities. At these
prices, you will be able to provide safety surfacing to your playground at deeply discounted prices. A full pallet at 3” depth will cover 260 sqft.
Material – 100% recycled rubber from post-consumer waste tires. These colors can fade in the sunlight over time like any rubber product; however, these colors are designed to provide the most attractive and
durable outdoor mulch surface available.
Weight – Each pallet weighs ~2000 lbs.
Recommended Uses – Our Playground rubber mulch - bulk is designed for use in areas in and around playground equipment, but this has also been used in landscape planters and flower beds in place of rocks,
sand, or wood chips, in walkways, and any other area needing attractive, low maintenance, highly durable, loose surface.
Available For Order - Ships between Dec 24 - Jan 4
Playground Rubber Mulch is virtually maintenance-free. But if you do need to clear debris from the mulch, such as leaves or grass clippings, you would want to use a blower on a low setting. Since our rubber mulch is heavier than grass clipping and leaves, it will stay in place while the debris is blown away.
Installation of our Playground Rubber Mulch is very easy, and below are some easy-to-follow instructions for both playground and landscape installations.
Playground Installation Instructions:
- First, the area where the rubber mulch will lie should be a location that will not hold water or have a slight grade to allow for proper drainage. In areas where drainage could be an issue; it is recommended to install a drain tile system with a 3" base of pea gravel or rock to allow for proper drainage.
- Heavy-duty weed fabric should be installed under the Playground Rubber Mulch to separate the mulch from what lies beneath. Depending on the size of the playground, it is recommended to use large rolls of weed fabric, typically 12' wide, to minimize the number of seams.
- You would want to use landscape stakes to stake down the weed fabric seams and corners. You will need to make sure that the stakes are completely hammered down.
- A border is recommended to enclose the playground to contain the mulch, and it is recommended to leave a few inches between the top of the border and the top of the mulch.
- Finally it is recommended to loosely compact the mulch to either 3 or 6 inches to achieve the desired fall height rating.
Landscape Installation Instructions:
- First, you will want to install the Playground Rubber Mulch at 2" depth.
- Even though it is not required to install the rubber mulch over a permeable weed fabric, it will increase coverage per bag and decrease the risk of weeds. Also, using a felt type weed fabric will help keep the mulch in place.
- If you are installing the landscape mulch over existing mulch/soil, then you want to make sure that the ground is compacted and free of any debris or loose material. Our Landscape Rubber Mulch looks its best when not mixed with other material.
- When installing our rubber mulch in plant beds, it is recommended that the beds have a border to help contain the mulch which can be a raised border (i.e., concrete or brick border) or a dug border or trench around the bed of about 2".
– How to easily calculate how many bags of mulch you will need.
- 39 Lb. bag covers 1.5 cu. ft.
- 2000 Lb. sac covers 75 cu. ft.
Take your square footage and then multiply it by the depth you would like to achieve in feet. Below is a chart of common thicknesses converted to feet.
- 1" = .083'
- 2" = .167'
- 3" = .25'
- 4" = .33'
- 5" = .42'
- 6" = .5'
- 20’ x 20’ x .25’ = 100 cu ft.
- 100 cu ft. / 1.5 cu ft. per 39 Lbs. Bag = 67 bags needed.
So 67 bags would be needed for a 20' x 20' space at a 3” depth.