Description - Our 3/8" Tight-Lock Rubber Tiles are the definitive choice for everyone from the home user to the large-scale commercial user who desires the easily installed rubber flooring. The option of ordering corner, border, and center tiles make virtually any size area easy to cover without having to custom cut the tiles into place. These tiles are water jet cut to ensure the tightest fitting rubber tiles possible, so much so that the flooring appears seamless. Plus, they are safe to use both indoors and out and can be loose-laid, so no adhesive is required.
Material – Recycled rubber buffings and colored EPDM virgin rubber flecks. Rubber buffings are the “Filet Mignon” of the recycled rubber industry since they are the cleanest, strongest, and most consistent raw material as compared to some of the less expensive recycled crumb rubber alternatives available.
Size – 36” x 36” (Note: Tiles do overlap 1” where they lock together)
Thickness – 3/8"
Weight – Each tile weighs approximately 16 Lbs.
Recommended Uses – These rubber tiles can be used in a wide variety of settings. Common places of installation include playrooms, basements, rec rooms, dens, utility rooms, locker rooms, doggie daycare centers, kitchens, patios, decks, and in any other place where resilient flooring is needed. These rubber rolls are a great slip-resistant flooring surface that can be installed over radiant heated flooring systems.
In Stock - Ships between May 25 - 30
3/8" Tight-Lock Tiles are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. Maintenance of these interlocking rubber tiles typically includes:
- Vacuuming any loose crumbs, dust, or debris from the surface when necessary.
- Occasional damp mopping of the flooring with a mild soap and water solution. A few recommended soaps are Dawn dish detergent or Tide laundry detergent.
Note: Do not use any solvent or oil style cleaners such as Pinesol, Lysol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, WD40, paint thinner, etc. since these types of cleaners will break down the flooring over time.
For more detailed cleaning instructions and commercial cleaning instructions, Click Here.
Installation of these interlocking tiles is very simple and usually done by the consumer. Typical installation of these tiles is as follows:
- First, clean your subfloor, so it is free of all dirt, grease, or debris.
- Start in one corner of the room with a corner tile and add border tiles outward along the adjacent walls.
- Leave the other two edges of the room open and fill in the rest of the room, adding center, corner, and border tiles where you see fit.
- After the open floor is covered, go back and cut in tiles along the opposite walls in the room. We recommend leaving a gap along the walls roughly the tiles' thickness being used to account for expansion and contraction of the floor in varied temperature ranges.
Note: When piecing interlocking tiles together, adhesives aren’t usually needed since the weight of the product is usually enough to keep the floor tiles from moving. However, if you do experience movement and would like to ensure that the tiles do not slide at all, you can use some double-sided tape or mat tape around the perimeter of the installation to prevent any movement.
For printable installation instructions, please Click Here.